3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2nd edition One With The Wilderness arriving  (Read 294 times)

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
2nd edition One With The Wilderness arriving
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
This turtle climed four feet above the water to find warmth. I am equally warmed from the enthusiastic response from many of you on Tradgang. I have sold out all copies of the first printing of my book “One with the Wilderness” (Passions of a Solo Bowhunter). We have gone to press with the second edition which we expect to receive next week. The improvements included better paper and ten more pages of full color photos! This is essentially the same hardcover book as the first edition, only I had a chance to correct some of the grammar and spelling errors.
All orders placed between now and the arrival of the second edition will cost the same as the first edition, saving you a little money. The second edition will be priced a little higher due to increased paper and color print cost.
In July I will be accepting orders from dealers who wish to help spread the message contained in this book.
Thank you so much,
 Mike

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2nd edition One With The Wilderness arriving
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
Thank you, for putting pen to paper, it's a fine read. I oftened dreamed about going it alone to Alaska or other remote destinations. Work and family obligations kept me close to home. Empty nester now, so, maybe just maybe, I can do some of what I dreamed about as a youngster, with a little restraint  :D
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
I hope the 2nd printing is sold out for you mate, well done.

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:27:00 AM »
COngrat Mike.  I am glad that other people are enjoying the book as much as I have.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:54:00 AM »
Is Brothers of the Bow were these are sold?

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
Nice to hear Mike.....I have the original on my desk....I love the cover.....I have my own wilderness as well....The Chohutta Wilderness.

I've got some time coming soon.....and I'm gonna read you book....Oh...and I love the font on the cover.  :thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
Ceb- Yes for credit card, PayPal, and phone orders just go to tradgang sponsor  www.brothersofthebow.com  or just click on my animated banner at the top right when you enter Tradgang.
Thanks Terry- The cover font is called "bleeding cowboy" and will remain on the second edition as well.
If anyone wants to check out the book, I will be at Comptons June 19-21 and at the PBS gathering in New Berlin, Wis. July 18-19. MIke

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
Mike Congrats.. How many copies where done for the first print?

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
Tdog- We printed over 1000 copies, but close to 100 copies were donated to various groups charities and individuals.

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
Thanks Mike, on order. Looking forward to it.

By the way, that book cost me $171.00 after everything else I ordered, including a replacement of my original copy of Primal Dreams which was loaned out to someone and never returned!!  :eek:

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »
Congrats Mike...hope the 2nd run sells out as quickly as the first did.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 01:00:00 PM »
Mike,

Are you going to be numbering and signing the first 100 from this run? If I ordered quickly could I request the same number I got on the first edition?

Offline Vabowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »
when can we oder a the 2nd edition?
Wanna be for now.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »
I have gotten almost a dozen requests to number and stamp the second edition books like I did the first. This is very humbling to me since many of these folks already have a first edition copy.
So, yes I will stamp, number and autograph the first 100 copies of the second edition printing. Any order placed starting now will get a second edition copy regardless of what the website order page says. There will be a slight delay in shipping because I don’t experct delivery until next week. But requests will be placed in the order they were received and numbered accordingly. If you want a specific number that has not previously been assigned, then you must make that clear at time of order, via phone order or e-mail [email protected]
Thank you for your enthusiastic support. Mike

Offline Craig Warren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
Mike,

Just ordered a copy.  Thanks for the "heads up" on the second eddition.  Primal Dreams is a fantastic piece and I hear your book is yet another work of art.  Looking forward to it.  Thanks for sharing in the way you "brothers" do.

Craig

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
Thanks Craig. I have you lined in for the release next week. Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©