3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: mojo whisperstick  (Read 500 times)

Offline fling

• Trad Bowhunter
mojo whisperstick
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »
Made a trade on 56"mojo have'nt recieved her yet, but I hear J.D. makes a sweet bow. how many of you shoot or have shot a whisperstick, and how would you rate them. If you have pics lets see em! Thanks Jon

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: mojo whisperstick
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
I've owned a 56" and 58" Mojostik. Very nice bows. I know own a Kajika. I like it even better. They are all very easy to tune and shoot a variety of shafts well.

Enjoy yours.
T.J.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
I have a 60" and its now my goto bow , top notch all the way :0)  :notworthy:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
I have a gorgeous mojostik as one of my low poundage bows for cold weather.  It is a terrific bow with a comfortable grip, excellent workmanship, and outstanding stability. You will be pleased!

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
I bought 2 and sold them, well I just shot the one I bought back tonight (used to be too heavy for me) and it is a tack driver. 57# 60" bow just rips an arrow. I was lucky enough to see it back on the net for sale. Glad I found it. I love too many bows and am always fooling around with buying and selling. Don't tell Jim, but it saved me from having to buy another new one!

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
BTW: I have a real issue with a high wrist grip, so I use a kind of modified grip for curves due to a shoulder injury. Play around a bit and you will find the sweet spot.

Offline fling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »
The Whisperstick website is under construction and dose'nt give much info. the only real info I could find was the review that Claudia wrote. good job Claudia you rock!

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
I was shooting a Black Widow when I got a Whisperstik for the first time and now I dont have that Black Widow.
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
I have shot about eight or more.  Mostly mojo, but one was a voodoo and a couple kajika.  I like them all.  For me it is the best small riser, light, 50 style curve I have shot particularly in the short length.  I have a mojo in the work now and just out of the press.  If I can find the extra money I would like a two limb set kajika some day.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by fling:
The Whisperstick website is under construction and dose'nt give much info. the only real info I could find was the review that Claudia wrote. good job Claudia you rock!
The site has more info, but he is having problems with it right now.  His e-mail is tied to it and he is having problems with that also.  Typically you can see most of the woods, risers, grips, and other stuff.
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »
I have a 56" Mojo Stick and it is my favorite bow.I had a 58" Silvertip and it was the best shooting bow I ever owned.This Mojo Stick shoots just as well and is very quiet.

You will love that bow.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
I re-designed and update the  www.Whisperstikbows.com  site for J.D. It's not down, you may need to hit the refresh button in your browser.

His whisperstik email is out of commission though. Having some carrier difficulties. Use this email for the time being he will answer it.

[email protected]
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline huntindad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
I'm new to trad so my new 62' mojostik is actually my first recurve since I shot my dads back in the early 80's. I love this bow I have all but given up my compound and in the first week I owned the whisperstik I got a "Robin Hood" which I credit to the bow. JD is a class guy and I can tell you he stands behind his work beyond expectation!You won't be disappointed.
The days spent hunting cannot be deducted from  the span of your life's time.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »
The site is working now for me.  It was only showing about 1/3 of the bow info page, but maybe it was something on my end.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
J.D.'s email is now fixed. [email protected] sorry for the down time.
www.zipperbows.com

Offline fling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
Thanks TJ, I'm waiting for the bow cant wait to give her a try. I was looking at JD's site this morning and with all the feedback I just might have one custom made with the woods I like. good to see JD has a lot of loyal customers it says alot about his work. Thanks Jon

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
Veery sweet shooting bows. I have a longbow of his and can shoot it just the same as my curves. JD is top notch in the customer service dept. as well. His prices are very reasonable as well. Good luck.

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »
You're welcome. There is some cool stuff coming from Whisperstik you guys keep looking.
www.zipperbows.com

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by KentuckyTJ:
You're welcome. There is some cool stuff coming from Whisperstik you guys keep looking.
I read there was some new stuff coming, and I keep looking.  When do you expect new things to show up?

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
Glad the review helped, Jon.  JD builds a fine bow that is an honest pleasure to shoot.  I've always believed that a comfortable bow encourages a shooter to practice...and the Mojostick definately gets it done in that department  :thumbsup: .

Claudia
Pinecone

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©