3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF BOB LEE RECURVES?  (Read 452 times)

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF BOB LEE RECURVES?
« on: June 11, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
I have only shot 2 or 3 Bob Lee bow but they did impress me with their speed and accuracy. Anyway, I just wondered how some of you felt about your Bob Lees.  

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF BOB LEE RECURVES?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
I killed my first buck with one in 1972, a bow I bought in 1968....Wing Thunderbird.  Bob's been building them since the early 1950's 8^).  His present day bows will shoot with any bow made and are great values in comparison to some.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
I shot one this weekend and i think it performed as well as my high end bow, very smooth.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
Don

We have been a dealer for Bob Lee for a few years. They are a great company. I really enjoyed the 64 inch 50 pound 3 piece longbow I got from them. They are great to work with and really go the extra distance to make a great bow!

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »
Very nice bows, fast accurate and dead in the hand-  great value for their standard models.

Offline carpenter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:35:00 AM »
I agree with George,great value and top of the line!
Howard Hill Wesley Special  HH Halfbreed

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
I shot his bows and many others at a show I went to about a year ago. I actually liked his takedown recurves and longbows better than all the "top end" bows I shot.

I don't think you could go wrong, they are excellent bows.

Only issue I had was the grip was a bit thick. I bet he could do something about that though.

My 2 cents,
-Charlie

Offline David Brent

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
Don,

I've got two of their bows, a 64" 55# Hunter Takedown and a One piece 58" 55# Hunter Signature and they both are wonderful bows. They shoot a variety of arrows well, wood, alum. , carbon and they are fast, smooth, consistent and for the price in my opinion can't be beat. The one piece Signature, when I first shot it this winter, I was shocked by how fast it shoots. I can't wait for deer season to hunt with it in a stand it being shorter than my takedown. I feel a little bad now I'll have to decide what to take hunting this year. Do I take the takedown or do I take the one piece? What a delema. The shorter one is awesome off the ground and in a blind. Another note, my brother shoots a Hunter takedown and a cousin has one also. They are great bows made by great people who are eager to please and they are easy to contact by phone or email. Don't be afraid.

Dave
Bob Lee Exotic 54#
Bob Lee Signature Hunter 55#
Bob Lee Hunter Takedown 56#
Brackenberry O'l Timer Longbow 53#
Martin Hunter 55#

Offline Yelloweye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
I like my Pro hunter recurve. Quite, Accurate and real nice looking. Nice folks too, they helped me before and after buying.

Mike L

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
My first big game trad kill (cow elk) and alota prarie dogs have passed over due to my Bob Lee Signiture Series recurve. You will not be disapointed with a Bob Lee.
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »
Nothing that I have tried to date fits my hand like a Bob Lee handle. That extra bolt weight is also nice.

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »
I love my bob lee
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
I had one that I sold recently. A one peice 62" recurve made in 2007 I thought it was pretty good for the price. It certainly filled the freezer. If you want a good one peice they have what you are looking for. If you want a take down I would look at zipper and assenheimer also.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
I've never shot a Bob Lee bow that did not feel good in my hand. Accuracy was never a problem. They were all smooth to draw and they are priced to sell, unlike some of their competition.The only question I've ever had about the Lee product line was related to arrow speed. I never thought they threw an arrow as fast as other comparable weight bows. With that said, I killed several deer and hogs with my Signature TD recurve and speed was never an issue.      :thumbsup:

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »
I enjoy mine but I dont love it...I love my brothers LOL.  I thought all their grips were the same and when I got mine it didn't have as deep of a grip.  I enjoy ther first deep grips...i haven't decided if I am going to keep mine or try to get another or what not...62" 56@28

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
I love my Bob Lees bows, they are smooth and fast and look good with EFA Cherokee quivers installed.
Signature T/D 60" 54 @ 28
Hunter T/D    62" 43 @ 28
Hunter pro    54" 45 @ 28

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »
i only have a bob lee. great service, excellent bow, great value for money.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
This sounds about like I thought it would. I saw my first Bob Lee about 15 years ago when I was in the running for the NC state title. Some guy had a Bob Lee and shot it pretty well. I beat him at several local shoots but couldn't pull it off in the state.

The thing that I remember most about the bow was when he was trying for max. speed. I believe that he had some kind of overdraw device, weights on the string, and a short lightweight aluminum arrow with target points. If memory serves me right, one day he was chronographed at 240 feet per second. Even with a standard setup he was shooting over 200.  I believe that his bow was about 56#. (He was an ex compound shooter and finally went back that way.)

Does anyone else have any info on Bob Lees regarding speed or accuracy?

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »
Accuracy is up to you-    Check the bob lee web site it list speeds for all his offerings

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
Maxwell, I think that accuracy is about 80% shooter, but there are bows that will shoot better groups than others. I tried shooting a short Kodiak Magnum for awhile but with the arrows tuned closely I still got a large group. I could switch to almost any other bow and the group was less then half the diameter. I believe that length and a lot of other factors come into play which make a bow more consistently accurate.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©