3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: who carries the title of best friend during........  (Read 502 times)

Offline Arkansaslongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
who carries the title of best friend during........
« on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
the hunting season?....  :campfire:  

many of us enjoys sharing a hunting season with friends and family but there is always that someone who makes that season so special; who is it? tell some good campfire stories of that person; thank you for sharing.....  :campfire:
May the sun always shine bright on your path and the wind be in your face

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: who carries the title of best friend during........
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
My brother John. He is now disabled with a neurolgical syndrome called GBS. He walks with a cane and without medication is in terrible pain. Just before this hit we were in the woods taking down stands with his 2 sons. We had an old Baker style climber set-up. He decided to show them the tree hug method for climbing down. The stand came off his feet and he slid down the tree like a honey bear. We laughed till we cried, especially when we knew the only thing hurt was his ego and his chest where it scraped all the way down. Every hunt with my best friend is a blessing and a laugh.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »
I'v had and still have the pleasure of hunting with some really great guys
too many to name really
but if i had to put one at the top it would be my Cousin Nigel a better person i will never know.
we'v seen good times hunting and the hard times, thick as thieves. got to a point that we have hunted so many times together that we dont need to speak when hunting he knows what im doing to do and i know what he's going to do, we'r on the same wave length.

he's seen my first bow kill and i was there for his.

here's our exclusive gang (the Bareshafters) including James. D

See no Evil, Hear no evil, speak no evil Right?
ha ha

you know sharing special experiences with great buddys is truly something and it does not get much better!

you know there are those feats you do every now and again that no one see's or something you just have to do on your own, but its the ones you share with someone that live on forever.

great idea for a thread!
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 11:23:00 PM »
The same guy who carries it the rest of the time, my best friend Jed.  There isn't a man alive I trust more or whose company I enjoy more, even when we're driving along mile after mile up to hunting camp with nobody saying anything or needing to.  

Jed, if you read this, I promise to carry spare radio batteries next time.

For anyone else, the man gave up a perfectly good stand during deer season and tracked me around the side of a mountain to make sure I was OK when I didn't check in on the radio.  The reason - as indicated above - stupidity - no spare batteries in my pack.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »
Owlbait that's a tough one to hear but your story about the Baker tree stands sure bring back many great and PAINFUL memories. I'm at our cabin as I respond to this post  a Baker is lying next to the tree outside the window. My ribs still hurt just thinking about those up and down climbs not to mention the plywood splitting in half up in the tree after the many years of use. I survived though I don't know how. Bowhunting with family has been especially important for me.  We own land jointly with brothers, uncles, cousins, nephews and spouses and have been able to hold that hunting bond along with the land for 30yrs. My older brother has been the glue tying us to this land and stressing the importance for everyone to return regularly to renew the hunting ethic forged by our parents. He has now been battling cancer after losing his son a few years ago with the same disease and has had his ups and downs but seems to be on the upswing. This year a more positive prognosis has all of us looking forward to this next bow season. Each bow season is to be treasured for we never know what lies around the corner that might change the next.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
I have two of them, Tom and Jeff. We've hunted together every year since the '80's, even though we live in different states. Tom lives in Florida, Jeff lives in Missouri, and I'm in Mississippi. This year we're going to North Dakota for a bow hunt for deer. I could go on endlessly about the fine times we've had... not to mention the times that weren't so fine. Those are the times that separate the true friends from the rest. If your friendship holds up through the bad times, it's the real thing.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »
I,m Lucky to have a few great places to hunt. I seem to have alot of great friends show up around the end of August  ;)  

My best hunting buddy, my brother John left us the fall of 2000. He's with me in spirt in my heart every opening day.
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
Tradtusker, those pictures say it all!

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »
Tradtusker, spirit of youth is wonderful.

Cherish the days afield and hold onto each experience with a passion.

I see the glee and joy of you and your pals in these pictures! Laugh loud and long.....

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
Great posts. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get back to the cabin!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
Mine, is my best friend Joe Ashton. We talk almost daily by phone, and any time we get some spare time, we get together for stump shooting and to talk bowhunting. He is the best hunting partner anyone could ask for... he hunts hard, is slow to get angry or discouraged and almost always has something positive to say.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
LoweBow and I go way back. We shared a group hunt in Texas years ago and since then have been best friends. No one I'd rather share time with in the woods. Mike if you see this and the feeling's not mutal I take it all back.

www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline aYak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »
would have to be my bro, Kevin (Kpaul). We've each pulled the other out of some interesting situations (and into as well  :D  ) over the years
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »
My wife Chris.  She has been my best friend for the past 37 years.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
Tj, great pic brother!!!!!!!!!marco  :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
Thanks Mark, That's a lunch break 9 miles from camp while we were on my lifelong dream elk hunt in Colorado last September. The other guys in camp couldn't believe how Mike and I hunted from dawn till dusk. We are a little "hard core" I guess.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
Had to think about it for a while, as I've had the pleasure of meeting some pretty cool folks every hunting season.

Finally narrowed it down to four before I realised I couldn't narrow it down much more...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
Best friends and huntting buds.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »
thats some sweet camo right there!    ;)    :bigsmyl:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »
That's easy, my cousin Frank. He is the brother I never had and has been for our entire lives. We've hunted and fished together forever and will do so as long as we are physically able.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©