3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Order of Importance  (Read 389 times)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: Order of Importance
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 05:24:00 AM »
after spending a lot of time messing with all manner of trad archery tackle, you sort of gravitate toward some personal preferences in arrow building (as well as bows, strings, etc).  

as long as you have confidence in yer gear (and this applies to ALL trad bowhunting gear), and it all works (for you), well, it's all good.

tackle is one thing.  shooting yer gear consistently and accurately during hunting conditions is another.

know yer effective kill range and keep 'em sharp.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
I believe 2 should be 1.
Would you rather shoot game w/ a full metal jacket bullet,that's cuts holes or a expanding soft point bullet the holds a 1 1/2'' groups?
The broadhead dose most of the killing

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 08:26:00 AM »
To me the premis of the question is misleading. Your body has numerous organs...which one is the most important cannot be asnwered since the elimination of any number of them will result in death. To me an arrow needs to have all the qualities listed to perform well and do it's job consistently. Same is true about tuning a bow, shooting form, etc. Shooting a bow and arrow consistently accurately involves too many factors to downplay or prioritize any single aspect. Screw up any one of them and you will have difficulties. However, in regards to the question, it seems to me that if an arrow is not tuned properly it is functionally useless as a consistently accurate missle. When I enter the woods I want two things to be perfect. I want my arrows tuned to my bow and I want the sharpest broadhead on the tip of my arrow that I can achieve.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©