3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TWO fingers under  (Read 180 times)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
TWO fingers under
« on: June 12, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »
I just shot a round with two under instead of my usual three.  I was amazed at the groups I was shooting.  What's with that?  Wonder why my accuracy increased? I assume it's simply a cleaner release.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TWO fingers under
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Which two? I shoot a two finger which is the normal split finger but stick the index finger strait out. Real clean release
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
Tom, I shot 2 under for the past 2 years. I think you put less torque on the string with 2 under. I switched back to 3 under this year, mainly because it's easier on my fingers!

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
Lots of reasons why, but if it works why worry.

Mostly guys shoot with three fingers on the string for the strength it affords. If you are having no problems with that then you reap the benefits of less string contact which leads to less string torque and inconsitant arrow flight.

What Jerry does was once real common with archers in these parts. Jerry is about as good as it gets when it comes to this bow shootin stuff so he knows what he's talkin about.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
Jerry, I used index and middle finger. First time I've ever tried it. What's the benefit of using Middle and Ring finger over Index and Middle finger Jerry?

Allen, I would expect a buddy like you to pass these kind of secrets on to us wanna be's.

Charlie, Thanks I figured it was a torque issue.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 06:02:00 AM »
Tom, it's just another one of my "secret weapons"  LOL

I also tried 2 split the year before I used 2 under. I'll try just about anything 'till I find what works best for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©