3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: need equipment for disabled childrens camp  (Read 231 times)

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
need equipment for disabled childrens camp
« on: June 16, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »
My wifes family helps operate a camp for disabled children and adults in the Big Horn mountains of Wyoming every year.The camp is split into two weeks one for the kids and another for the adults. This is a non-profit camp and all the labor and supplies are donated. My family has been working at this camp for 20 plus years doing everything from cook to counselor. The camp has an archery portion to it where the campers are taught how to shoot the bow.
 We are in need of archery equipment as over the years what little equipment the camp had, has worn out. The camp could use light weight bows and arrrows, arm guards and targets.The camp is held at the presbyterian church camp in Story Wyoming.

Here is a blog, I found on-line from one of the counselors.
   http://olesondailytimes.blogspot.com/2008/07/our-camp.html  

The teen aged boy in the pictures is my son. If anyone can help, let me know and I'll post an address where you can send the equipment.
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: need equipment for disabled childrens camp
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
Joe....PM me an addy and send some things along.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
ttt
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »
please send any equipment to  

OUR  CAMP
            c/o MaryJean Roush
                1806 s thurmond st
                 Sheridan, Wy
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »
ttt
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
should have been more specific we need the little fiberglass bows 20 to 30 lbs like the old red bear bows. That type and kids arrows for bows 30 lbs and under

Guys this is a very good cause as some of these kids are wheel chair boud and this is the only time they get outside in the mountains. It also gives the kids care takers a small break to be able to recharge thier batteries. It takes alot to care for someone that is disabled. What's the old saying? There go I but for the Grace of GOD
Thomas Jefferson

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
Will the camp take cash donations so they can buy what they need in the sizes they need?
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 01:31:00 AM »
yes they will acept cash donations. If anyone sees any at Comptons this weekend pick them up. I'll buy them from you for the camp,also if anyone has some for sale I'll also but those. The kids really look forward to doing the archery portion of the camp every year.
Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©