3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Maine ??  (Read 278 times)

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
Maine ??
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
Hi all.

My wife is draggin uh I mean taking me to Maine in July. We are going to a wedding.
We will be staying in Portland and will have a few days to mess around.She says we will do some shopping.
Any good trad shops or bowyers in the area?
Any other interesting things or places to see.
Two things are on my list for sure. One is L.L. Bean store and the other is to eat a few lobsters.

Thanks, John

Offline nashwaaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Maine ??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
Hit goog le and look for Miane Traditional Archers. They have a website and can likely let you know what's around the state.

Offline DDyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
Maine Traditional Archers Poke & Hope rendezvous July 11&12 35 min. from Portland,15 min. from LL Bean
were it worth the trouble? Huh? What trouble?

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
The Kittery Trading Post in Kittery is pretty cool. Not much in the way of trad bows anymore though. As far as real good seafood "reasonable and not fancy" try Mike's Clam Shack in Wells. We spend time every summer in southern Maine and it's always a good time, great food and great people. Have fun, Glen

Offline eidsvolling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
Another good place for lobster and seafood at very reasonable prices, and right on the water, is  Warren\\'s Lobster House in Kittery .  They advertise, and rightly so, that they have the best salad bar on the southern Maine/SE NH Seacoast.  We eat there monthly and I have never had a dish that was not top-notch.

Send me a PM if you're going to be in Kittery or you're going to Poke & Hope.  If you have any chance to do the latter, grab it with both hands!

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »
When and where in the state will you be?  Not many shops that are trad specializes.  One in Old Town has  some stuff, Kittery as mentioned has a little, as does Beans and Cabela's.  But the big three are just a nod to Trad.  If further up the coast you could shoot at a 3d range I belong to.  Let me know.

Oh and try some of our Oysters while out here, very different from the ones I had in Washington a few years ago.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Bent Rig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »
Check out Cabelas in Scarborough ! About 20 south of Portland - don't know if you have any where you are from - worth the visit for sure !
Paul

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
You'll probably enjoy Kittery Trading Post a lot more than L. L. Bean. Beans is too yuppified for me.  I was pretty disappointed with it.  Take the boat ride on the Casco Bay Line to Peak's Island and enjoy lunch over there and walk around for a while or rent a bicycle and enjoy some relaxed time--boats run on schedules so you can stay as long as you want before returning.  Several other trips are available as well on the boats--you can even take the mail boat run.  If you like lighthouses be sure to go out to Cape Elizabeth and see the Portland Head light--one of the most photographed light houses in the country.  My wife and I will be returning to Maine in September for our fourth trip there (bear hunt booked with my friend Eldon Jandreau up in Portage).  these are the things we enjoy while there.......Dave
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
Well tomorrow is the day.
Off to Maine. Looking forward to the trip.
Thank you all for the suggestions they will be a big help.

John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©