3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting with your wife  (Read 814 times)

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting with your wife
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
Since your in Texas I would say on a Javalena / hog/deer hunt to get started.RC

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Right where you are . . .   go after javelina and bunnies.  Javelina are fun, and there are bunnies EVERYWHERE, to offer some real string time.

If you find you like that,  try something else.

ChuckC

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
My wife won't hunt, but she'll travel to wherever I go and find other stuff to do. She's a history nut and likes old houses, museums and old men like me! Maybe a nice dinner somewhere if possible. But if I'm camping, forget it. So short trips I'd say and nothing dangerous. Deer, elk, turkey, etc. Nothing to scare her. Like I said, that's if you have someone who will hunt or even watch a hunt.

Have fun
sam

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
I brought my wife along with me on a Black Bear hunt to Idaho a few years back. She sat right there in the Blind with me as I Harvested one. She had a ball to say the least.  Spring Bear hunts are relaxing, so maybe you could start there. She didn't mind bathing in the ice cold rivers either. She was pretty much like a kid in a candy store you could say the whole time.
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline scrub-buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
Deer hunting in shotgun season.
 She has been with me when I killed a doe in bow season.  She used to be against hunting.  She told me when we were dating, that she wouldn't marry me if I was still hunting.  We have been married almost 9 years, and now she supports hunting.  She is slowly making the transition from city girl to country girl.
AKA Osage Outlaw

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
My wife's idea of camping is 4 star instead of 5 star. If no running water, bathroom, or AC or heat she ain't going. Maybe I could fool her into thinking it was a trip to the beach and hide the bow and stuff. LOL Yeah, that might work.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
My wife goes hunting if I go or not, most blood thirsty woman I know! I'd deffinately have to say her favorite would be hogs. They're fun to hunt, plentiful and give much better stalking oppertunities than deer.
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »
You got that right sweet cheeks...

Originally posted by Nakohe:
My wife's idea of camping is 4 star instead of 5 star. If no running water, bathroom, or AC or heat she ain't going. Maybe I could fool her into thinking it was a trip to the beach and hide the bow and stuff. LOL Yeah, that might work.
Donald, hold on wait a minute, you have met me right?  there is no way I would fall for that, after all I am the girl who went snipe hunting in highschool not once, twice but three times.If it the name of where you want to take me does not have a La or a Cabo in it and it isn't surrounded by water then you can forget it. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Donald just bring her up here and come out hunting with me. She can go hunting for the Coach outlet store.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline STEVE R.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
My wife shoots her long bow in every tournament she can but she does not hunt. If she would want to go on a hunt with me I would pick a cool day, pack a lunch, and walk the woods in search of prey. I think she would enjoy this kind of outing. And if we didnot kill it really would not matter. The hunt would be fun enough. That is really what it is all about.

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
You’re Texan so I would suggest a hog hunt. This kind of hunt would keep you close enough to home for a few weekend trips, give you a hunt that has the potential for a lot of action and you would be hunting a very smart and tough critter. You could also probably do this kind of hunt very inexpensively.
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »
My "Bride" is my best hunting parterner!  We bow hunt together, and any other type of hunting.  Just getting her started with trad gear.  She's been shooting a wheelie for about 25 yrs.  Now I'm trying to convert her to a real bow.  She's good with it, what little she shoots.  Its hard to get her off them durn ole horses to shoot.  (shouldn't complain, she makes a good living with them).
Anyway, I'd take her anywhere she would like to go.
JAG/Johnny
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
Mine would rather have a tooth pulled.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
Mine to KentuckyTJ
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
My wife went on a hog hunt in florida with me and a bunch of my friends. This was before we were married and she lived in Miami then so she met us at camp. Come to find out she wanted to see what went on in camp since her friends husband was a gun hunter and told her the stories about drinking and other things that went on in his past gun camps. She had a real eye opener when she saw how hard we hunted to get some hogs. She did really like hunting in a blind with me and watching me get a nice hog. Nowdays , she says go enjoy yourself with your friends while I'll stay home and relax.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline jim ratcliff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
my soon to be wife goes with me!she taged along two years ago and i cant shake her,last season she purchased a parker buckshot and took up bowhunting (shes a very good shot with the little 40lb parker).
 as gun season neared i let her shoot my 30-30 and she hunted the season with it,never fired a shot but she was out with me,cold,rain,snow...she likes hunting.she also likes my 7mm-08  :rolleyes:  so shes using it this year...i "gave it to her" and bought a 300rcm.
 i guess its neat to have your better half with you,probably never hear the end of it when she does kill a deer but i enjoy it!
well....let's go let the air out'a one!

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
Donald just bring her up here and come out hunting with me. She can go hunting for the Coach outlet store.
Vermonster, we will take you up on that one of these days, but don't forget I have GPS and will find my prey a lot quicker then you and Donald will find yours!
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
Grizzly hunting!!!!!!! I'll stay in the truck.   :eek:  

No, my wife loves the outdoors and she is awaiting her new bow right now. maybe one day I'll get her in a blind with me hunting black bears. I think a bear hunt would be good cause she could get a good opportunity and probably get the time for  a shot. Unlike a deer walking or something like that. Regardless, it would be fun having her with me someday.

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
i have only been with my wife to be for a lil over a year and 3/4 but she started unting last fall and got her first deer and is now hooked lina and sinker she wants to go and get a black bear next so thats the plan i gues!! or should i say so she has told me thats what we are gonna do

Offline Archery Mom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by stick_string:
I have to go with rastaman on this one....

I will take you where ever you want to go...whenever!!  Just let me carry the camera.    :thumbsup:  

(It would probably be smart of me to watch this thread)
I can't wait til this fall when we go to Kerrville to hunt deer!  I will do the shootin...you just take pictures!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©