3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting with your wife  (Read 813 times)

Offline Archery Mom

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting with your wife
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
I am really impressed about the number of men who involve their wives in this sport, or should I say, way of life!  That is so awesome.  I really believe that if spouses take interest in what they are each doing, it makes for a richer more enjoyable marriage!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
Hunting for ur wife , always try the Mall first! Oh hunting with ur wife , mmm oops my bad!..  :bigsmyl:    :wavey:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :jumper:    :jumper:
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
Dont fall for it Donald!!Tracy went up to Dave's with me spring turkey hunting.When Dave told her about the marble store,I thought she was going to run me down with my own truck (yea she was excited).I guess I got off pretty easy though,it only took one trip to get everything she bought.Did I mention I have a ton duel wheel truck!   :biglaugh:

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
Zipper,  SSSSHHHHHHH SSSSSHHHHHH don't tell him all the secrets....If we go to Vermonsters to "hunt"  it just means my time with my choice of prey is more then theirs...

Originally posted by zipper bowss:
Dont fall for it Donald!!Tracy went up to Dave's with me spring turkey hunting.When Dave told her about the marble store,I thought she was going to run me down with my own truck (yea she was excited).I guess I got off pretty easy though,it only took one trip to get everything she bought.Did I mention I have a ton duel wheel truck!    :biglaugh:  
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
My wife would rather be with her miniature horses than hunting (she's not a shopper and hates crowds).  She encourages me to hunt, loves game to eat, and has claimed one of my older Bear Kodiak Magnums is "pretty" and wants it hanging on the wall-right next to the deer heads and turkey tail/beard.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline stick_string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Kim...honey....

Dont call my bows pretty....
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Ember Longbow and Brack Drifter

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
Hold on wait a minute, Marble Store?!?  Donald when we are going?  you know we need a kitchen and bathroom remodel... :)   I know we will get to that when we are back at work... But I can always look and get ideas can't I?

Originally posted by zipper bowss:
Dont fall for it Donald!!Tracy went up to Dave's with me spring turkey hunting.When Dave told her about the marble store,I thought she was going to run me down with my own truck (yea she was excited).I guess I got off pretty easy though,it only took one trip to get everything she bought.Did I mention I have a ton duel wheel truck!    :biglaugh:  
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
You guys are so lucky to have wives who want to hunt with you. I tried to get my wife interested in archery, and her immediate response was,"If you don't make me go to the archery range, I won't make you go to the mall". I took her up on that offer.
Sam

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
As most folks know, Lori has hunted all over the world with me and loved it all, from Africa to the whitetails in the back yard. (She has also done very well.) Since she enjoys photography so much (she's good at that too), she particularly enjoys outings that include good photo ops... wing-shooting and fly-fishing as well as bow hunting. Hogs and javelina are both favorite quarry. One suggestion... if you are going as a hunter rather than an observer, get some experience with smaller animals under your belt before tackling elk. They are big, tough animals. But you can certainly enjoy a first elk hunt in the high country without carrying your own bow. Don

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
OHHH NO!! Donald I fear I have said to much!!   :help:   Kimber is hot on the trail of some elusive game.   :goldtooth:   Tracy explained it to me like this.She said it cost 1/3 less here then it would at home.I replied, YES DEAR.Then Dave and I went to shoot bows some more.All is well that ends well.And it ended just fine.I am blessed, in that Tracy also loves to hunt.She just is not in to Turkey hunting,and that is where the marble store came in.
Bill

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
My wife was with me when I killed my first pig, my largest boar, my only double on pigs in one day, and my second camel. She's my good luck charm.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©