3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tique's Mason Jar "St. Judes Challenge" (with Pic)  (Read 10321 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tique's Mason Jar "St. Judes Challenge" (with Pic)
« on: June 11, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »
One of our members, Tique, gave a little time to actually do what I suggested and "think about it", in regards to giving some thought to preparing for next years St. Judes Auction. He then sent me a PM and suggested I post a "Challenge". I love the idea and am tickeled to death to start this thread with the hopes a lot of our members ("Posters" and "Readers" - I hate the term "Lurkers") will take it to heart, and then we all can see what happens to it.

The majority of our members(if not all) give very positive response to the Annual St. Judes Auctions, and the concensus seems to be we all wish we could do at least a little (or a little more). Well I feel certain that you know where we are going with this, just from the title. We all also know how easy it is to have honest, heartfelt intentions, and then have time get away from us. So a little twist is proposed for those who wish they could have helped (and all those who did help too). Keep it as little, or as big, as you feel you can, or need to - remember it all will help make great stories for Kids at St. Judes in need, and their families.

Right now - this coming week - meet "The Challenge"! Get a Mason Jar (or a suitable substitute - but Mason Jars are Trad - LOL) and set it near your computer. Where you visit Tradgang.com - and everytime you think of it throw any change in it you can   BUT at the end of each month give a little extra thought to it and if you think you haven't met the challenge of   One Dollar in the jar - make sure you bring it up to that, at least. Again - Think about it - work the numbers - if only a bare quarter of us were to do this - we would have a couple thousand folks with 12 bucks to buy an item to donate, or bid at least twelve dollars on a small item, or donate $12.00 cash (at least) to next years St. Judes Tradgang Annual Auction. Are you crunching the numbers and seeing the possibilities??? We (you) can make it happen. Those who are able to will make it far better - as they always do - But you, and you, and you over there, and , yes, me can make a difference too. Jump on this "Challenge Train" (and thread) and do as Tique did - "actually think about it" Wadda'ya got tuh lose? AND it will be fun! A year goes by so fast - let's not let it slip out of our graspe - please!
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tique's Mason Jar "St. Judes Challenge" (with Pic)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »
Here's my "Mason Jar", the pitcher, not my Diet Coke cooler glass - LOL (it's the best I could do in a hurry but it's Trad too) and it's starting off with 65 cents in the bottom. I gather small things all year to put up - so who knows, I may wind up putting this up - but in any case I can't very well put up a "Challenge" if I can't meet it too. How about you?

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kcdaniels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
Hey that's what I did   :)   I started saving in January for the auction, only instead of a mason jar I saved my lunch money. not only did I save money I lost weight   :bigsmyl:  

I think that's a great idea, a year goes by quick! Man if I save my lunch money AND have my mason jar look out   ;)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
Bless you, kcdaniels!

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »
Bernie, once again you show Your Heart and where Your Devotions are. That sounds like a Fine Idea, now I KNOW my Mom has a Genuine Mason Jar somewhere in her Humble Abode that she could let loose of. Heck, I imagine she has Several, thats where I got my "Pack Rat" Gene. And am Damn Proud of It Too!!
   I have a Question: I was talking to my Mom the other day about the Auction and how much has been raised, and I had an Epiphany!!! Ok, Small Brainstorm. My Mom does the Needle Work Stuff from Knitting to Tatting, making Doilies and Really Fine and Delicate Lace-Like Stuff. The Ladys I am sure will know what I am saying.
   Anyway, she cro...Knits is easier to spell Baby Blankets for the Local Well Baby Clinic, and Lap Warmers for the Various Nursing Homes in Town here. She wondered if anyone would be Interested in Her Products. She Donates all Items to the Local Organizations, and can whoop up a Mean Baby Blanket in Nothing Flat.
      So, what do y'all think? I didnt aim to HiJack your Thread Bernie Old Buddy, I am gonna get me a Mason Jar going Today! Thats the good thing about doing all the Laundry, whatever stays in the Washer is MINE! hahaha Excellent Idea Bernie, as usual!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »
LOL, my Ma did all that too, Shakes. and yes folks are interested in stuff like that but they usually don't want to pay near what it's worth (I tried for both my Ma and Rose when we were taking care of Ma the last six years of her life). However - they do love stuff like that, and when it is for a good cause - well you saw what happened with the two Rose donated for St. Judes this year - thanks to our good members they did very well.
Thanks for getting on the "Challenge Train", and the kind words.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
I can handle this kinda challenge, I love the Idea!! I have a jar that I put my change in  at the end of the day, it is now my St. Judes jar.  ;)  

Semper Fi good friend
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline jiane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
Good thinking Bernie.

KCDaniels,
That's why you bought the salsa-it's fat free!!!

Jerry
Wisconsin Traditional Archers - Board Member
Ojibwa Bowhunters of Milwaukee
PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Bowhunters

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »
You guys are something else!!!!   :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »
Bernie,

I have the same mouse.  LOL

Good Idea BTW!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »
LOL - took a minute for that to "think" in, Brian. I love that Mouse - I've had it for 2 0r 3 years.

Thanks, Terry.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »
Way to go Bernie! "Jar" is set up ready for june deposits.
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »
There ya go, Dave!    :bigsmyl:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »
Many more "passengers" welcome! Don't be afraid to speak up, y'all.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline themonkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »
sounds like a good thing to do, its gonna be quite a bit of money...i love this site!
Don't deal with me, I stole from the St Jude's Auction.

Offline kcdaniels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »
jiane

Yea the salsa is fat free but what I put it on isn't.  :bigsmyl:  

Dan

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »
I would truly like to see a lot more folks commiting to this challenge - and speaking up about it. Without meaning to sound pushy I would just like to ask all of you to stop and think about how many times you have thought you would set some monies aside for certain things and then found out a year later that you never got to it. Do you have your "Mason Jar" in place yet? I just tossed another 37 cents in mine.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline nonose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »
I'm onboard with the mason jar,me and my girlfriend have now renamed the cuss jar "The St. Judes Jar".Semper Fi
Live everyday as it was your last.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »
Bless you and your girl, nonose ... and

Semper Fi

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
Bernie, I've been getting ready for next year since this year's closed. I'm with you buddy!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©