3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Contemplating using a sight  (Read 198 times)

Offline nightowl1

• Trad Bowhunter
Contemplating using a sight
« on: June 18, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
I have been shooting now for a few years. Target panic struck me early and made me regress in my accuracy to a point I almost gave up. But now I have worked back up to being deadly at about 12 yards and good at 15 but when i get to 20+ yards I just have a hard time keeping them where I want them.

I don't miss my small Block anymore even out to 30 yards but there is no way I would consider myself accurate.

I can shoot a tick of the butt of a coon from 50 yards with iron sights and i thought this might be a good way to go to get my confidence back and just make me a deadly shot.

Here is the big question though... is there a sight idea out there that is pretty rugged but not bulky and obtrusive? I love the simple lines of my bow and don't want a huge gizmo hanging off it. I WILL NOT drill into my bow and it will be used for hunting.

I think I could do pretty will with a single pin set for 20 yards. Anything less than that and I'm good. Anything more and i can learn the arch.
Combo Hunter 46@28

I came from nothing and I brought it with me.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Contemplating using a sight
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
You can often find old tape-on sights on that large internet auction site for a few dollars.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©