3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kifaru tepees  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Little John

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kifaru tepees
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »
:notworthy:  Hey Mike, could you send them again, I didn't recieve them. Thanks, JOHN

[email protected]

Offline snakewood3

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
Thanks for everyones input. After due consideration ....probably not the best tent for my situation. Best Regards, Charles
U.S. Navy Seabees '79 - '86
Custom knives and leatherwork

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »
I've got a four man.  If the 8 man is like the four man it will make a good four man cause the four man makes a good two man.  Man I just ain't "that" freindly with any of my bowhunt buddies  :)

With three guys in the tent and a light snow outside the 4 man sweats like a sweat lodge.  I got the liner but it doesn't really keep the sweat down.  Ya gotta vent, vent, vent.

The littel stove heats the teepee up to steaming pdg.

rusty

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
Mike,

PM sent, thanks for the offer of plans.

Pat
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 76Aggie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »
I note the OP is from Texas as am I.  I have a Seek Outside Redcliffe and love it.  I use it in Alaska
with a liner and a stove.  They are expensive but when weight is critical they are the way to go.  I will soon be buying a Kifaru Sawtooth with liner and stove as our Moose hunting group has grown.  Again, weight is critical and these tents are great.  I do not use these tepee style tents with no floors in Texas.  I prefer a canvas tent with a floor when hunting in snake country.  I don't like the idea of one of those Cotton Headed Water Rattlers crawling into my sleeping bag with me.  Cabelas sells Kodiak brand canvass tents.  They are heavy but when weight is not a problem they are just great.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2018, 12:15:21 PM »
I have the seek outside-it is lighter than anything else we have. Only used it once so have not gotten a good review.  I have a Springbar that has held up in elk camp with heavy wet snow when other tents caved.  Our son has the Cabelas version of that tent and it has been good, although neither of these has a stove vent.  Can be added fairly easily.   We do not cook in any of our tents-under the fly works for that.  We will eat in the tents.  Just my way of keeping grease and smells out of the tent.  I like tent living.  Beats sleeping in a hole-which i did for almost 30 years in the service.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Ikohlhof91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2018, 08:36:28 PM »
Spent 3 weeks in a sawtooth in Idaho, and will never own any other shelter.

Offline Broken Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2018, 08:58:20 PM »
Another vote for SeekOutside. I have the 8 man with the large stove. It has work very well the last two years at Elk camp with rain & snow. Two men with cots and all our gear plus room for fire wood.
Take the long way around.
Dwyer Endeavor 58" 64@29"
Super Shrew 58" 60@28"
Thunder Child 58" 60@28"
Toelke Pika 56" 60@29"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©