3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SEALER FOR HARDWOOD SHAFTS ?  (Read 813 times)

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SEALER FOR HARDWOOD SHAFTS ?
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 03:48:00 AM »
yes
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 11:34:00 PM »
Go to  www.dalyspaint.com  If you are serious about it just get the gallon it saves on shipping and try to get a buddy to buy a gallon that way you can share shipping. It's also really cool becaus eyou can dip over testors cresting and it doesn't run. Unlike with bohning. Bad experience, but cool looking arrow.
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline Doug A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
I guess thinning polyeurethane with paint thinner would solve my problems with getting a thicker coat at the nock end after hanging to dry.  I am using a plain diptube and Behr stain/polyeurethane.  Will this effect spine?

What ratio of poly to thinner is ideal?
Member UBNJ, TANJ

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 02:51:00 PM »
Dalys website if you are looking at getting a gallon or more or get in touch with Bob Burton at Whispering Wind Arrows.  He carries it also.  Profin is good stuff   :thumbsup:
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©