3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lost Creek Survey????  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
Lost Creek Survey????
« on: June 25, 2009, 02:41:00 AM »
I have 6 new instock bows on my website. The pictures are at the bottom of the home page. Just click on the small thumbnail picture and it will enlarge the photo. I would love feed back on the diffent riser wood and limb combos that I used. I recently went to "Coon Rapids" and discovered that people in different areas like different lengths and draw weights. I'm not sure if this is due to different characteristics of body builds in different areas or if it was just a fluke, here in Iowa, people seem to like shorter heavier draw weights. What is your thoughts on draw weights and bow length.    Thanks Chad Francis
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lost Creek Survey????
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
I'd like to see more of #2!!

I prefer a shorter, mid 40#, one piece bow.

I learned from friends;  the mid 40's will do the job on anything I hunt.

Lighter weight 'seems' to me more fun to shoot, all day.

Third, shorter is easier out of a blind. As well as, less to bang on brush as I walk.

That #2 is a pretty bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline J. Adams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »
They all look great Chad, especially # 4!

The leather grip is a nice addition.

I had always preferred longer bows, but now that I own a 58" and 52" Lost Creek longbow, I have become a firm believer in the value of a short longbow.

Keep up the great work!
Josh
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »
Personally, I also prefer a shorter longbow 56"-60", 45#-55#. It is easier walking through the brush w/ a short bow and shooting out of tree stands and blinds,and I am a little on the short side,LOL!!!
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »
I like a shorter bow for hunting also in weights of 45-55. The bows you have in stock look great I think I like #3 the best.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
Nice looking bows Chad!  I guess I might be the odd one here in Iowa then(Ha!Ha! been called worse), but I like bows 64"-66" in length and 47-52 pounds.  My preferred woods would be osage and cocobolo for riser woods and bamboo for limb woods.

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Thanks for your input Lefty,just how TALL are you by the way???? Doesn't make you odd, just unusaul,Ha-Ha!!!!! Good choices on your wood combos, I have some beautiful osage. Chad

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »
I have wanted to try a shorter bow and all of those look real nice.  I like #3 the best, cause I gotta have a leather grip and I really like bocote limbs!

How long is your grip... might be the graphics on your site but thet seem a tad small.  But then I got big mits

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
kevgsp,my grips are usually customed to fit the customer, I do make a smaller grip for most, as most people who order from me like a pistol-like grip that they can fit their hand around perfectly,if your interested I'll measure the grip on #3,and a leather grip can be put on any bow I make if requested. Chad

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 11:07:00 PM »
The Grip on bow #3 is 4 inch top to bottom. It also measures  5" in at the throat around and 6" in at the palm swell. This is my smaller grip. If I had a big hand I would go for the charcol riser with beautiful grain osage. Lefty are you coming to the trad shoot in Ottumwa this weekend. I will be there if you are stop by the booth and shot one of the bows.  Thanks Chad

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »
I'm kind of partial to walnut diamondwood risers; both of my Kanatis are walnut diamondwood, but man that cocobolo diamondwood on #5 sure is pretty. As you can probably guess from my signature, I like 58" bows in the 45-55# range.

You make some fine looking bows, Chad.    :thumbsup:
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 12:49:00 AM »
Really like the charcoal dymondwood bow!  If I had the money that one would be making the trip to Mississippi.  60" is as long as I would want in a hunting bow.  I like them a little shorter but I shoot the longer ones better so 58" is my compromise.  I think most of the guys I shoot with would feel similarly with a range of 58-62". As for weight, we all stay in the 45-55@28" range; young and old large and small.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
Chad, I'm 5'10" tall is all.  Are you going to Wapello Chief's this weekend?  We have plans Saturday, but are going to try and make it Sunday morning.

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
Lefty ,I will be there both days with a booth set up. Look forward to seeing you there. Chad

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »
I Like the Looks of #4 & #5 myself. I must have Short Arms because My Officially Measured DrawLength is 27 1/2" so 45 to 50 Lb'ers are what I Like Best.
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
Shakes, I'm like you I like 58-60 bows and 48-55 lbs I also draw 27 1/2. I like #4 the best the osage is nice and a bamboo core don't hurt. Thanks Chad

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 07:37:00 PM »
I shot Chad's 56" Bow at the Coon Rapids shoot. I really didn't believe you would not get some stacking out to 28", even a friend who draws 29" shot the 56" bow and said he didn't get any stacking. I own a 58" and it is an incredible bow.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
Hey Guys ,thanks for all the kind words on the bows. I'm happy to see that people are liking them as much as I do. I have worked very hard at getting them to this point and I must say I'm very happy with them, and I think that you have to build what you like and enjoy shooting youself. Its hard to sell a bow if your not happy with it, rather it be looks or grip or quietness or what ever it may be. I'm very happy with this bow and I think alot of others will be too once they get it in their hands. Thanks Chad

Offline New Wood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »
Hey Chad,

I was parked across from you at Coon Rapids, NewWood Longbows.  I'm from Merill, Wi., RER country and that is something I am learning as I get started in this business.  Folks in our part of the country seem to like the lighter weight bows.  The first bunch I made were mostly in the low 50's and everybody was asking i I something in the mid 40's.  Kevin Termaat says he sells tons of bows in that weight range.  

Anyway, your bows look great and it was nice to meet you at Coon Rapids.  Next year throw a tent in the Blazer and you can hang out with the rest of us happy campers and tell stories till midnight!

Take care and good luck

Chris Hartwig

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
Thanks, Chris after two nights in the American Inn on bad beds and $120 a night, I will be in the tent for sure. Thanks for the compliments on the bows and look forward to next year. Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©