3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lost Creek Survey????  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lost Creek Survey????
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 04:59:00 AM »
I'm currently at the Ottumwa Traditional shoot this weekend in Iowa if anyone would like to drop by in the area, love to meet new people even if you're not interested in buying a bow. The shoot is a nice hike of 4 courses through the woods, 1 day left (SUNDAY)come out and joi the fun!!!
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
Just got back from the shoot, and found that people here in my area still want 45-55 lbs ,glad of that as I had quite a few instock. Great shoot,nice weather,sorry to those who missed it. Chad
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »
Chad makes some fine bows in my opinion. I am still an old fart that shoots #60 to #64 but I took one of Chads #45 up to the practice range and was impressed with the smoothness and ease of draw. I took 3 arrows each  woodies@ 475 gr.-Carbon GT Trads 35/55  510  gr.- Carbon Nuge 55/75 w/100gr inserts  530 gr. At 20 yards there was very little difference in grouping. 55/75's might have been just a tad lower in the bullseye. Its started me to wondering if I stll need to shoot heavy bows. I don't think you could go wrong with one of Chad's bows. Just to let everyone know I get nothing out of this by bragging up Chad as he knows I still shoot my heavy Black Widows. Great bows Chad.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 02:04:00 AM »
I'm a big man and am very comfortable with 66" longbows low to mid 50's...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
By the way Chad, congratulations on your recent marriage to Susan. Like most of us guys you married way over your head.
Ken.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
I like to see a pic of the osage burl limbs!  I'm a sucker for 58-60" 55-65# bows with osage limbs and shedua risers.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
                                                                                              Charcoal Black Riser with some of the grainiest osage you can find. 60" 48 @28 bamboo core,this is a very nice stick.

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
                                                                                              This is the belly of the bow.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »
That's some great looking osage!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline J. Adams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
sweet!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Offline Firecracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
Hey there ,I just wanted to tell Ken thank you for the congrats,and also to tell those of you who haven't had the fortune to meet or talk to Chad(Lostcreekbows) what a great guy he is to be friends with, or to do buisness with. I know there are those of you out there that will think I'm being biased but I'm not!!! Chad works very hard to try and give each person what they want in a bow, to custom-build it just as each person dreams it(now he will try to nudge you in a different direction if he feels you won't be happy w/your own ideas, but isn't that what makes a good bowyer??,giving the customer what they want even if they don't realize exactly what that is..) I've watched and listened to my husband sit and talk for hours with different customers, not for money but for the love of archery and hunting, and also because he loves people and he loves different opinions and views and learning from or helping others. Besides Chad's dedication to those around him, he's extremely dedicated to building a bow that is outstanding in performance as well as the simpleness of the beauty of different woods, there's times when I almost feel jealous when he begins sanding and sculpting on his bows(wish I got rubbed down like those bows of his everyday LOL),but the eye he has for seeing the shape and curves of his grip as he sands is truely one of the reasons his bows stand out among all the others!!!!For those of you who haven't met and talked w/ Chad you are truely missing out on one of the best, friendliest men you'll ever meet, so if you haven't yet met him or tried one of his bows drop him a line or two or order a bow before you end up waiting in a long line,I personally will never shoot any other bow but a "LOST CREEK" ,I've shot other bows and I've looked at and researched just about every bow on the market today and the different prices and if you have a "LOST CREEK" in his newer models of the past two years then you have a quality made bow that the bowyer will stand behind, and all other bows of this caliber are 2 and 3 times the amount Chad charges for his product, so the ordinary working man can afford a beautiful well-made bow.     Firecracker
" Always look for a silver lining"

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
That is some grainy osage Chad...another outstanding piece of workmanship from Lost Creek Bows!! Congrats on your recent marriage...remember it is always easier to ask forgiveness than permission  :smileystooges:  I expect Susan to flame me for that one!!!

Offline J. Adams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
Congrats Susan and Chad!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Offline Firecracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
:notworthy:     Firecracker
" Always look for a silver lining"

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »
Thanks for all the congrats on my new marriage, I did marry way above my head Ken. Firecracker suits her quite well as she has quite a little firey side. I would'nt have it any other way, it keeps me on my toe's. She also is my biggest critic and will tell me if she doesn't like a certain wood combo. I do get what I want pretty much, but it always comes with a price as all of us married men know. I still feel I did good even if she is a "Firecracker".    :help:    :help:

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
Dennis, I just got the new arrow today. Guys if you want some nice arrows at a fair price go to  www.git-r-donearchery.com  and get the carbon express Heritage arrows very impressed. Thanks Chad

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
Thanks for the  nudge Chad...btw guys 'n gals...those prices are in Canuck$$ so it is even a better deal for the USA market...and that grainy osage bow is coming to Canada...sorry guys!!

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »
I like a mid length bow in the low 50's range
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
60” and under with a weight of 50-55#

For hunting I like wood colors that blend into the shadows.
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »
Tom, it doesn't matter what it's made of You'll shoot it great. It's just got to be wrong handed.

Nice looking bows Chad.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©