3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad Gang trust  (Read 807 times)

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad Gang trust
« on: June 25, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
A while back I was looking for a bow for my wife. We contacted a Tradganger off of another thread that had a bow for sale. After I sent off the money and he agreed to send the bow when the dollars arrived I saw the thread about some of the nefarious scoundrals that have ripped of others using this site. Now I got worried that maybe I had made a mistake!! Trusting some one I didn't know and had never met. I didn't hear from him for a long time after sending the money, the tension mounted.
    Finally he emailed me and said the money hadn't got there. This was a registered letter that had to be signed for. I went thru the correct actions with the post office ( frustrating on many counts), no joy. He says, still no letter. Finally it shows up, the postal service just took their time getting it there, like about 10 days too long!
   So,... now I have to wait for the bow. Again finally,... it shows up, after us waiting impatiently. It arrives in good shape as promised.
   I never really mistrusted the seller of the bow, but the thread about the "banned" people did make me think a bit.
   So, here is a big thank you to Tradgang and all the great people on here that make it work so well. I know of other stories like this that don't get published on here that are just as good or better. Great folks , you all are. Thank you.

Now,... if I can pry my wife away from her work for a while so she can shoot some more ( she's on call alot). What little she has shot the bow she loves it, ( and the special purple arrows I made up)

Thanks to Gandgolf for the nice bow!   :archer:
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad Gang trust
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
I had a similar problem with the post office a few months back.I bought a bow from another member,he sent the bow the same day I mailed the money order.I got the bow in two days and I sent the money order Priority mail with confirmation and it took about 16 days before he recieved it.The Priority mail envolope looked ripped in half and put back to gether with duct tape.I had dealt with him before so he wasn't worried but it worried me.But it was a bank money order so I could cancell it and get another one reissued.Things can happen,I sent Priority so he would get it quickly.

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
I have had nothing but great dealings with Tradgangers. USPS still has 24 arrows out there shipped Priority Mail with no confirmation that have never showed up.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
Registered mail is the most secure way to send anything. But the emphasis is on security, not speed. Everytime it changes hands within the Post Office it has to be signed for and secured in a variety of ways. It does slow it down, sometimes.
And AK is a long ways from just about everywhere. However, ten extra days does seem too long.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
I found out the hard way to send everything priority mail.  Payments of course need a signature when recieved.

If not priority Ive had them take up to 10 days to go five states away.

Priority it 2-3 days.

Money is more than tight but just not worth the risk for me. The post office messes up and its me that gets a bad name or looses a bow and a freind.

God bless
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
and OH YES......KEEP YOUR INSURANCE RECEIPTS.

I just got a letter from the post office for a shipment to a guy from LAST OCTOBER that recieved a scattergun from me broken in half. Literally and that was in TWO padded boxes.

Regardless of the tracking number and item number they wont do diddly WITHOUT the original insurance receipt.

Another lesson learned the hard way.

HERE, I feel pretty safe, people wise. Almost all here are wiling and able to go more than half way.

I think it has something to do with PRIDE....as does our hunting.
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »
Thomas, did you buy his blacktail recurve?
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
They won't do diddly with all the proper paperwork. Had a claim filed for over 3 months now, nothing. And I can't get 'em to tell me nothing either.

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
I've made many good trades from the guy's and gal's here on Trad Gang. Good people all the way around.

I'm glad everything worked out ok.
A trophy is in the eye of the beholder.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
Never had a problem here and I've gone through a good many deals.

Good bunch of people here   :thumbsup:

Offline albertan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
Haven't bought anything from members but have nothing but good to say about the exchange of information and advice given.  Great to be part of such a super forum/group.
Brent
2015 Alberta Bowhunters Assoc. President

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
Excellent PEOPLE here !! I've made MANY great dealings on Tradgang, Thanks to All ........ Adam

Offline bigislandmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 02:45:00 AM »
Howzit Brahdah,

Glad things worked out for you. I know the feeling about waiting--------------.

Aloha,

Mark

Offline skarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 03:02:00 AM »
I have had nothing but excellent results with Tradgangers. The first bow I bought from Bubaloo (don't know if I got his name right, haven't been able to find him lately) and the deal went flawlessly. Big hats off to Mojostick. One of the best I've ever dealt with. Lots of great people on here that are willing to put more than a little faith in fellow gangers.

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 09:14:00 AM »
Ive dealt with many here, and have never been burned. GREAT group we have here!

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »
I have been here for the last 8 months and the only thing I can say is AWESOME everyone is so willing to help,I think it is just the Traditional attitude I love it.Blake
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by WestTnMan:
I have had nothing but great dealings with Tradgangers. USPS still has 24 arrows out there shipped Priority Mail with no confirmation that have never showed up.
If you're buyin or sellin, ALWAYS use the delivery confimation form. They have serial numbers and can be tracked daily by both partys.

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
TJ, I bought his Cougar #40@28 for my wife. She loves it so far.

Pics soon I hope.

Mark, You waitin on sumpin?, a new toy? Howzit any way?

And BTW, we got some good people here in the PO, and a couple of the other kind, and I am ALWAYS very nice to them. (don't want then to go "postal", you know) lol. The paper work circles they have to run around in for something like this is nuts!
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline NW Jamie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
SaltWaterTom,
I lived outside of Homer, off of Anchor Point Loop Road for 5 years and had more delayed mail then anywhere else that I have ever lived! No offense to the Post Office, but I would have to trust Trad Gang folk more that the Post office. Did you live there in the eighties?
Regard’s,
Jim

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
sometimes we have to trust someone we have never met,that is just how it is in this world.i will never send anything without a confirmation number and insured for maximum value.never accept a plain money order as these can be fakes.postal m/o or a banks cashiers check.if you have any previous dealings with the person then go by that.this site is pretty good at catching bad eggs and anyone thats at all shady gets called out into the street pretty quickly.my hats off to the tradgang family and what it stands for
                       larry   :notworthy:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©