3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad Gang trust  (Read 808 times)

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad Gang trust
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 12:34:00 AM »
I've bought, sold and traded more than a few bows on TG since I joined up not long ago.

I can honestly say that the group of people participating in the classified are some of the best out there.  I've had things take a bit to get out and back due to the post, but I've never felt worried in the slightest that I'd be on the sharp end of the stick if something didn't work out.

I really like it when they call you up (I always offer to chat), it's a joy to get to talk with fellow trad archers from all over the country.
Support the sport!

Offline Young Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »
I just purchased an Assenheimer from WANGO and it was a great experience.  There are a lot of great people here!

Tks again WANGO!
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed. And the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep trying.

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 02:23:00 AM »
NWJamie, yes I have lived here since 86, and love it for the most part. Sure is nice to get away in the winter for a bit tho!
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
For some reason, most people prefer USPS.  I've sent stuff, paid for delivery confirmation, know for a fact the item was received, but according to USPS it wasn't.  I even had a follow up sent, just to see what happened, no response.  Priority mail isn't scanned at a processing center when it arrives or leaves-only next day.  Even USPS doesn't know where it is.  3 years ago, a friend bought a 1 piece Red Chavez bow, paid for it, shipped USPS.  It arrive broken in half at the riser. USPS accused the seller and buyer of fraud, stating that the bow was broken when shipped (even though the bow was damaged), and they were trying to collect on the insurance.  After 6 months, my friend got his money back. Personally, I prefer UPS.  I can track my package across the country.  I've never had a problem with my parcels using UPS.  A couple of years ago, I had a TradGanger chew me out, big time, for using UPS. But, I know where it is, when it arrived, and when it left.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
Brown always lets me down. Have had many a destroyed package show up by UPS.  USPS has never let me down.

On a good note, UPS has always been quick to honor a claim for me.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
Tom:

They musta put your check on the kayak from Homer to ANC.  When the snow flies thats a problem for me you know the hand off from dogsled team to kayak to get across Turnagain.

Offline Bryan Bondurant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
The people involved with Traditional Archery seem to be a better group of folks than many other groups. I'm new to this forum as a member but have watched the forum grow over the years. With so many members to only have 3 scam artist is a tribute to the quality of people around here. Its also one of the reasons I was interested in being a member here.

Anyone that is or has been a member of any of the major knife forums knows there are so many scam artist on the net and in the knife industry it will make you want to have nothing to do with it. Luckily the Knife Forging guys seem to be a much smaller group where people know each other. In there it seems there is one or two scams a year versus the hundreds upon hundreds in other areas like people involved with factory knife trading.

It was funny to read this about the mail in Homer. When I lived in the Bush I would get all my Stihl Chainsaws, blades, oil, files, bars, and everything from a little shop there in Homer. They would mail me stuff and it would seem like no time at all before they would show up in a little Cesna and drop it off at our tiny little log cabin Post Office. Whenever I was ordering arrow shafts, books, and other Archery items it seemed like it would take forever.

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »
Sharpster,
Sorry, I have been gone a few days. Yes, you can see where the package has been scanned and delivered if you use delivery confirmation. But if it suddenly goes missing, it is very likely that no one will be able to tell you what happened. If lost w/o insurance - too bad for you. If it has value, I would not send it without insurance.

The only time I can remember having a dispute over an (insured) broken article was when the outside box had no indication of damage, or the packaging was not adequate. As someone who has had to handle these issues, it does make you wonder sometimes. Shippers do bear some responsibility in proper packaging, too.

Just some friendly advice from a former Postmaster. I still ship with the USPS. In my experience, it has served me well.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
One time when I wanted to buy a bow from someone I didn't know anything about, I called my favorite bow company (who shall remain nameless in case they don't want to make a regular business out of this) and asked them how much they would charge to inspect the bow and forward my check to the seller if the bow passed their inspection.  They said $50, which I thought was fine.  When I communicated this to the seller, I never heard from him again, even though I offered to pick up the inspection fee and the cost of shipping from the bow company to me.

I've bought stuff from other Tradgangers just by sending them a money order, and have never had any problem, but they have been guys whose names I recognize who have been active.  But if I see a name who just registered a month ago, I might be a little more leery.

It's possible you might be able to work out a deal like this with your favorite bow company, as they would probably like to get more of your business in the future.  I think $50 plus shipping is a cheap price to pay to avoid being fleeced!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
I have had numerous opportunities to do business with fellow Tradgang members and all of my experiences have been great.  Overall, I think most of the folks on our site are a "cut above" in terms of integrity.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
I've been dealing with a person on here that is first class...along with 99.9% of the others that frequent this site.  If he has something and I don’t have the money he says pay when you can and I get it to him ASAP.  Just finishing up another deal with him and will pay it off on the next pay day, couldn’t believe the trust some people have when I first started posting here.  Sad to see some people get ripped off but it happens, makes me mad!

Glad to see it worked out with you on this…I had an incident a couple years back with a Taxidermist that said he didn’t get my MO for the final payment.  I had the original photocopied and went through the mess and wait the USPS makes you do, come to find out he cashed it instead of deposited it.  USPS copies showed his signature and bank stamp on the back…he called me every name in the book until I showed him the copy. He kept saying he didn’t have a deposit at the time I claimed I sent the MO; he apparently forgot he cashed it instead of depositing it.

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline FubarFred

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 02:29:00 AM »
Hate to say it but I don't deal with the post office anymore. UPS or Fedex is the only way I'll ship anything. They will pick it up at home or there is a store less than 5 miles away. Don't deliver on weekends, but at least everything I've shipped has gotten there when they said it would. Their prices seem to be the same as USPS.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
MD Bowhunters Society
Bowhunters of South Carolina
UDT/SEAL Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©