3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrows  (Read 219 times)

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
arrows
« on: June 26, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »
My actual draw length is 28". Now I am shooting a 30" arrow and it flies great , So I feel good and comfertable shooting them, Now is it possible to add weight up front some how with out shortening the shaft to much so the broadhead ain't sitting right by my bow hand!! Any suggestions would be fine. I am just gonna be useing them for whitetails!! Thanks
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline crandog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrows
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »
If it flies to your liking I don't see a problem.  Especially for whitetails.  If much larger game were on the table you might need to add weight but it sounds like your all set.
You could add weight to the back if they are gold tip arrows.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 04:54:00 AM »
If your arrow is weighing in around 8-10 grains per pound of the actual weight your drawing, I would just leave them as is. If there lite you could try heavier point weights and start shaving off some arrow length.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 05:47:00 AM »
Your present set up may be enough but.....still some like trying things different, or just want more FOC

Since you didnt mention it, Im assuming these are wood shafts?

You can pick up some 75 grain or 100 grain woodyweights, 3/8 and 1/2 inch in length respectuflly.

Only a test arrow will decide if cutting back an inch or so, give or take, and adding these will weaken the spine too much.

Another option is to internally foot them (drilling a center hole in the shaft and inserting weight). There is a tool here for doing so. I like this option simply because the amount of weight is entirely up to you.

http://www.braveheartarchery.us/new_page_26.htm

Of course just trying a heavier head would also be an option as would adding the woodyweights or larger head to a bit stiffer spine if one is needed.

Just my 2 cents.

God Bless
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©