3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good Hunting Boot?  (Read 646 times)

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good Hunting Boot?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 03:28:00 AM »
Danner's or Irish Setters (red Wings) My last pair of Danners lasted me 8 years.......
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline wapiti

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:00 AM »
Danner Grouse for lighter duty hunting. (made inthe USA and rebuildable. Aprox$250

Whites Rough Out Logger lace to toe for bullet proof wear under extreme rough conditions. Leather is twice as heavy. Unereal foot support over rough terrain. Made im Spokane,WA. 100% rebuildable. Approx $380 (order woth out calk soles) These are lifetime boots.
“Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.”-Will Rogers

Online hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
danner pronghorns or irish setters.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
Danner makes a duty boot called the FT LEWIS it's black and laces to the toe but i use mine in the woods and the best boot i own

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
I wear hunting boots everyday- and wear out all kinds. I went through Brownings Kangaroo skin boots on ONE trip. The 'slide rock' wore holes in the sides of the boots...

I know in snow that leather sucks. Yes you can treat it with a freshly squeezed mink or snow proof or whatever; but walk in snow in leather all day; and your boots will be wet at the end of the day.

I do prefer a rubber bottom/leather top combination; but having cream colored boots in a treestand is the opposite of camouflage.

Then too- a good boot is one that fits you. I have 11 1/2 EEE feet. Ducks think I have sexy feet.

But often boots mentioned above do not come in wide enough sizes. The rubber bottom boots are made in regular and wide sizes; wide being size D.

LL Bean boots - if not for looking like they were made by antihunters in the way bears see them from below would be OK.

Some boot companies make their boots in China; where the Chinese save 1/100 of one cent on each pair of boots they make by making the eyelets sharp enough to cut boot laces. Lots of companies make there boots in China.

Having white soles on your boots is bad too- unless your doing all your hunting on the ground in snow. Elk will stare under brush to see where bugling is coming from; and actually black boots fool them ....but white on boots or shiny eyelets will put them in high gear fast.

I like the lifetime warranty idea; but the older I get the less that means. $380 dollars for boots might be the smartest thing- but .. ~side~ wear is what happens walking up and down and side-hilling in crumbling rock all day.
 Not sure how the boot people feel about that...

I usually end up spending less than a hundred for a pair of boots that I know will not last me longer than a year.

I shop by who has what size - more than any other factor.

Anyone with wide feet that can suggest a boot without talking about insurance ???
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline huntindad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 03:51:00 AM »
RUSSELL BOOTS PERIOD!!!
The days spent hunting cannot be deducted from  the span of your life's time.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
Brian, I bought a pair of Kenetrek "rubber bottoms leather tops" and there great! you might check them out cause they run fairly big. I have the opisite foot than you, my foot is narrow. I ordered my size and had to send them back and get a smaller pair! but so far so good, I really like em!! Jason

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©