3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: CrookedStick visits Maryland  (Read 682 times)

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
CrookedStick visits Maryland
« on: June 27, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
What a great afternoon I just had. CrookedStick just left here. He came down from Michigan to visit family, and made a side trip to come hang out and shoot some bows.

Spent a bunch of time here shooting a slew of bows from my collection with myself and my son, and showing us what a good shot he is      :D     . What a blast. It was great to meet yet another fellow TG'er and a fellow collector. (Thanks Terry for providing us such a place to meet great folks like this)

He is joining a bunch of us tomorrow for a local charity shoot and then heading back home. I'm sure he will chime in here, he took a bunch of pictures, and I'll add some more tomorrow from the shoot.

Thanks for coming by Bernie, it was great having you here. I hope you can still shoot tomorrow...   :biglaugh: ...(I kept stringing bows up and bringing them out for him to shoot....I think he went into overload)  

Here is a shot of Bernie with the pride of my collection:

And the two of us with some vintage shooters:

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: CrookedStick visits Maryland
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 07:33:00 AM »
looks like a great time had by all!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Steve G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 08:26:00 AM »
Wow, what is the pride of your collection?/ Tamerlane?  Wing? And what bow are you holding?  Zeba Kodiak?  Looks like a Great time!  More Pics Please!

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
Sweet looking bows
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
Bernie joined a few of us today for a local charity shoot. 30 3D targets, what a blast. My son, Migrabill was there along with another newer trad shooter, Joe D., and Droptine59 and his wife (who really kicked his butt BAD on the course, and I don't think he let her win because now he's gotta' cook dinners for a week..   :biglaugh:   ).

I think Bernie was the only one who remembered a dang camera, so he has all the pics and some video. I would guess he is a day or two to get back home, but I'm sure he will post pics upon his return.

Lots of laughs and good times, and I think he even left Maryland with an extra bow in his car.

Steve, the two bows pictured are my '65 Ben Pearson Mustang in absolute mint condition, and a '64 Bear Kodiak.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
A great day. A real pleasure to meet Bernie (Crookedstick). He is a TERRIFIC shot. He showed up thie Maryland boy that's for sure.

And he left with my '59 Grizzly in tow to take her back where she was born.

Bernie - Make sure you post the pics.

Offline CrookedStick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the GREAT time this weekend!

It was an honor to meet all of you. And it was great to watch Mrs. Droptine59 dish it out.

Here are a couple pics to hold you over...I'll post a few more when I get home and see if I can figure out how to post a video.

Thanks again!

Bernie

First we have Mr. Raineman with a beauty of a bow he sorta likes...

Next, a 3D target after seven of us shot at it.  You can barely see CrookedStick's yellow and orange fletch in the background just under the deer's throat and under the log...and I believe that heart shot belongs to Mrs. Droptine59. I thought I heard her mumble something about the ten ring being too far back so she was going to aim at the front edge of the ten ring to ensure a solid kill, score be darned.

And lastly for now, killer form speaks for itself, but she still whipped him...

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »
I can't believe I missed you guys. Of all the days that I had to get home early because I had company coming!! I helped set targets in the morning, shot 10 targets and was out of there by 10.

We're setting up 15 targets this Thursday night guys so come on over around 5:30 - 6 and shoot as much as you want. I should have my new 59 repro by then to show off.     Dave
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline CrookedStick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
Had to stop on Ohio Turnpike to login to work, so figured I might as well post up the pic of the group--we have young Raineman, old Raineman, CrookedStick, Droptine59, Mrs. Droptine59, MigraBill and Joe D. (geez, I hope I got that all right!):

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »
Great pic. Rich and I look like brothers in that photo...

Offline CrookedStick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Thanks a lot Hatrick!

I drive 12 hours to shoot with you guys and you can't even wait 1 hour for me   :goldtooth:

I need to come back someday to avenge my many misses on that 3d course, so hopefully you won't be in such a hurry next time!

Bernie

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
Bernie - There's another shoot at the same place this thursday evening. So. come on by after work.

Offline CrookedStick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
Sure Bill, I'll just hop on over there!

Do you recognize this guy? Wait til the video premier!

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »
I hope I got to more a full draw than that.

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »
Maybe thats why you shot everything low. You're missing about 10 lbs. of draw there...   :scared:

Offline 4406v

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
Nice Jack Howard Hunter Droptine is holding ehh??

Offline CCWhitetail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 08:26:00 AM »
Cool pictures.
That was a great shoot to take an out of stater to.

Can't wait to see the "Bill"video.
Maryland Bowhunters Society

Offline CrookedStick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
CCWhitetail,

Yeah, unless you are the out-of-stater and can't hit the side of a barn from the inside ON FLAT GROUND!

But yes, it was a great shoot!

Bernie

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
Bernie, my apologies. I sure hope you get a chance to get back here for a shoot in the future. How did you like the set up? We're always looking for ways to spice it up a bit.

Eric, it was nice to meet you. It was Bill Fowlkes and I that had to cut out early. Glad to meet someone new with a stick and string. We're going to start shooting Thursday evenings if you're interested. Also, we're having an All Traditional Shoot on September 13th so mark it on your calendar. By the way, great avitar.

Dave
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline CrookedStick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Hatrick,

I'll be back. That was a great setup. My compliments to you and your crew, I wouldn't change a thing--as long as you still allow me to 'stalk' some of the targets!

We're in a valley here, so our 3d shoots are pretty much all flat woods. I even jumped a fawn behind one of your targets...gee, don't remember why I was back there.     :banghead:  

I'm bummed I missed your new bow.  Must be something in the water there that so many of you guys are from the same area.

That lil' shorty deer with the big rack got me...went right over his back! For those of you that weren't there, it was a treestand shot and all you could see above the brush was the head and chest, so it looked like a deer standing about 25 yards away, not 12! You can see what it really was in the pic.

Are these guys friends of yours? Like I said, must be something in the water:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©