3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: tradgangers elk hunt 2010 (update) lots of pics ben  (Read 1015 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tradgangers elk hunt 2010 (update) lots of pics ben
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2009, 02:42:00 AM »
got people from all over the place rob,even italy, last week of sept 2010.....huntindad....the area we are going is around delintment lake
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline huntindad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2009, 03:22:00 AM »
Yup, camped about 5 miles from there hunted more towards Emigrant Creek though.Nice country heard some of it burned again.Lots of elk should be a great trip for you fellas.I'm thinking of hunting the Trout Creek unit for deer this year but my son shoots a compound so we will probably be spending time in other units also don't know if we'll be getting elk tags or not though.If we do though we might end up in the Silvies as that is one of the closest places to my deer hunting area with good elk numbers. Bill
The days spent hunting cannot be deducted from  the span of your life's time.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
going back to burns this weekend for some scouting and recon of the wallow thats top secret.i'll take pics and post when i get back monday afternoon.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
HAVE A GOOD WEEK END SCOUTING FOR YOUR BUDDIES.Felix
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline FubarFred

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
The pics are making this handicapped bowhunter jealous. with one leg gone walking those ridges seem impossible. Maybe one day, who knows....
TGMM Family of the Bow
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
MD Bowhunters Society
Bowhunters of South Carolina
UDT/SEAL Association

Offline huntindad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
I don't pretend to know the limitations of your handicap but I have hunted this area and I know it is the mildest elk country I have ever seen.The possibility of you making a hunt like this may be closer than you think.I hope that someday you are able to make any hunt you want to. Bill
The days spent hunting cannot be deducted from  the span of your life's time.

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
Bill,you have all my simpaty.Maybe we can find you a good wallow to hunt from.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
ok'''''i'll share the wallow dag nab it...i'm in burns right now as a matter of fact...love these laptops man...i went scouting yesterday evening and this morning,was planning on more pics but some female member of my family made me forget the battery to my camera that was charging before we left   :bigsmyl:  
   i went up yesterday full camo and did a full on call'em in close hunt.had elk very close and talking like a bunch of grannies at a bingo parlor.had at least five within twenty yds and even a rag horn came in to ten yds for a peek,never got busted once.playing the wind game is pretty challenging when you have no scent cover on.i took a long shot at a scroungy lookin yote that was tailin me for at least a mile.
    went to the wallow and scraped it all up and dumped two bottles of urine in it to get it ready,i'll be dumping more before the season starts.had a great time even though i had no camera.this is going to be a great year i can feel it in my blood..............larry

Offline rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
What are Hunter Ed requirements and bow weight requirements for Oregon.

Dan
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »
only hunter ed requirements are for youth...not sure of age but i think its 18 elk poundage is 50 deer is 40 i think but dont quote me on that one.you must have a bow thats marked 50 for elk or you can get a ticket.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©