3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any interest in a quiver swap? See "rules" page 2...Draw results on page 3....  (Read 1073 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
I was in the all famous knife swap that Jeremy holds. Timing caught up with me, and I had to bail, much to my disgust.

Anyway, I have some leather and Im getting ready to make a quiver or two. I know there are alot of people out there who do the same so I figured I would put this out there...besides...can you ever have enough quivers?     :D    

I was thinking rules would be simple. Has to be functional(read huntable), something you made or "upgraded". I figure if we're making em, rh/lh shouldnt be an issue, as we could change it as needed. Capacity of a minimum of 3 arrows...

Well, what say you? Ideas...suggestions?

If you are interested, respond here. Maybe if there are enough takers we can go from there...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
I'll play  :)

I'd recommend changing it to a minimum of 3 arrows though... that opens up the mini bow quivers which are a great project - I think there's a 'how-to' somewhere around here for one as well.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Sent this on to my dad...I think he may want to join in.

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
Count me in. Got a few that I have built.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Good call Jeremy, forgot about the minis...edited.

I was thinking of a material list...but I think as long as it can hold up to the wear of hunting and possibly getting wet, anything should work. This opens it up a little...you know bark, reeds, leather, heck I even have a bunny brush busting home made job made from PVC.

I think this is gonna be fun.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
TTT, any more takers?
                         -Jamie

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
How about any type quiver: target quivers.  I would be willing to join if any type of quiver goes.  
We had a quiver swap a couple of years ago and all types worked, from store bought to homemade.  As long as it was a functional quiver, it could be traded.

Edit: I guess I should've added that the last quiver exchange was more along the lines of a White Elephant; send yours to the person that posts after you, so on so forth
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline Bowhuntah

• Trad Bowhunter
I have a six arrow Kwikee that I want to trade for a four arrow Kwikee.
Everybody loves archery... some just haven't tried it yet.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
I was thinking about store bought/production quivers...but I dont know. I thought  the variety of everyone making or tweaking something would be fun....if you have a store bought quiver, dress it up....snake skin...leather. Something that makes it unique...  :D  

Target quivers, as in the 3d tubes side quiver? I know a few who hunt with those...  :thumbsup:  Im sure that would be fine...
                         -Jamie

Offline Larry Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
o.k.  mine won't stand up to most, but it'll carry arrows.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
How about sign up by July 15th, and we will swap somewhere towards the end of August or early September?
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
5 of us? Thats it?!
                         -Jamie

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
what about lefties?
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Shouldnt be a problem Ian, as they will all be made/customized...
                         -Jamie

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
count me in too
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'll play!
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
count me in
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
This is starting to pick up!  :D  
Those of you that are in, PM your addresses and what type of design you are in for...this way I can figue out a way to randomly select names. I will also need to know if each of you are RH/LH so I can make sure ya get what ya need....

This is going to be fun I think...8 by my count, and rising.  :archer:
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©