3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any interest in a quiver swap? See "rules" page 2...Draw results on page 3....  (Read 1074 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Is this for homemade stuff also, If so I may get on board with a project?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Absolutely Ron. I was leaning towards home made only, but decided if it was dressed up or tweaked it would work too...What comes to mind, skinning a bow quiver, making a bow quiver. I think as long as it isnt a store bought mass produced item, it should be fine. Any suggestions or comments on that from anyone?

As long as everyone knows its a random thing...I think Im gonna put names in a bag and have my two year old pick em out then pair em up as he draws them.

Some great stuff in here already...Im gonna have to up my game!! Some of the pictures I have recieved are amazing...and Im sure everyone noticed a few "pros" signed up. No pressure.  :saywhat:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ok ,I'll play also I have to go visit my daughter for a few days then I'll make a quiver of some kind. I have to make one for Adk Ken also, maybe have to do 2 at once...assemmbly line.....lol. I'm in.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
count me in as well.
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking good. I still need quite a few addresses and whether you are RH or LH....Pm me the info, as long as I get it before the swap actually happens.

Also getting a lot of Pms about the "rules" so here goes...

Any weather ready material is good to go. Of course, the more "traditional" the better...

Must be able to hold up to hunting use.

Store bought, mass produced quivers are ok IF YOU HAVE IMPROVED/TWEAKED them...ie, added snake skin

Three arrow minimum.

Doesnt matter what type of quiver it is...

No serious modifications needed to use the quiver...ie, no drilling into someone's stick bow for quiver inserts.

Be prepared to make RH or LH compatible quivers, or ones that can easily be switched accordingly.

Well folks, I think that about covers it. If you take the time to see some of the names already entered, I think you, like me, will try your hardest to make something-for lack of a better word-worthy of some of the talent involved.
This is strictly for fun...with the intent of everyone getting a special piece of archery gear.

Lets have some fun...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Up...
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Few days left to sign up...
                         -Jamie

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Everyone in the pool!!!!!

Offline wisconsin wood butcher

• Trad Bowhunter
i would like to play.   :campfire:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Shoot me a PM WWB, need your address and whether you are righty or lefty....

A few more would be nice...I know some of ya are thinking about it....  :D
                         -Jamie

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
i wanna play!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Got your PM. An even dozen so far...looking good.
                         -Jamie

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
ttt I got a buddy that should be signing up soon, cant wait to see how the quivers turn out, I just got done getting the design on mine worked out
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
                         -Jamie

Offline Dave Dawg

• Trad Bowhunter
ill play but alls ive got that id want to trade is an all leather tube back quiver.. is that acceptable?
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow,
so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of men."

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds good to go Dave...
                         -Jamie

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
So when we gonna make this happen Ishi?  I built a Side Stalker quiver for this thing and all it is lacking now is a strap.  Just tell me where to send it.
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Odd number now...anyone else want to get in on this?
I have been really busy at work, so Im sorry for the lack of action...

Im looking at the end of August for the actual swap. This way, those building the quivers, like myself, have time to complete it.

So far we have 13, I would like another or three to make it an even number, but if not, we will make it happen. Gonna extend the enrty date to Saturday.

Ian, I never heard from your friend...

Thanks for the patience all...
                         -Jamie

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©