3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KME Sharpeners  (Read 519 times)

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
KME Sharpeners
« on: June 29, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
I ordered a KME knife shapener yesterday. Does anyone know how long it takes to get it.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Kris

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KME Sharpeners
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
Well, I guess it depends on where you live, but you should have it within a week.  You'll be sharpening every BH you have!

Good Luck!  Kris

Online Wile E. Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »
Ordered mine Friday and it came in Monday!
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
Howard,

Your order will ship tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail. I expect you'll have it by Friday. Thanks very much!

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
Howard...word of advise....go ahead and lay out all bh's and knives now. Because when you get it you be sharpening everything in site. It just saves alittle time....lol It can get addictive...especially if you have had a hard time getting things scarey sharp before, it is real easy.....love mine!
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
Thanks, Ron, the knifes and broad heads will have to wait til I get back from a 7 day cruise to Alaska (I leave Friday)
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »
I ordered the broadhead sharpener a few weeks ago and was totally impressed when it arrived so I then ordered two of the stones.  This morning I received a message from Ron at KME that he had noticed my second order and said that since I already had the sharpener he would send me the rest of the kit (the case and oil)at no charge.
They have my endorsement forever!

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
I sure like mine, I almost have every knife in the house sharp now, the wife says the trips to ER are going to go up.   :rolleyes:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »
Man is this product that good. Who can i get one from.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »
There was a thread on here recently about KME Sharpeners. If I remember they discussed the difference between the knife sharpener and the broadhead sharpener in regards to the sharpening of broadheads. I think it was said the knife sharpener was great for both and could serve double duty. Does anyone remember this? I want to sharpen both, but can't afford both.
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
Shleprock, Go with the Knife sharpener then.  You can sharpen both types of blade.  The broadhead sharpener is easier to finish to do a broadhead, but it won't do knives

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
I have both but find myself using the knife sharpener almost every time. It is an excellent product.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 10:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
I have both but find myself using the knife sharpener almost every time. It is an excellent product.
Wish I had known at the time I ordered mine.    :rolleyes:    Seems like the knife sharpener can do everything, making it a much better choice.  Oh well, I am going to print out the directions and give the broadhead sharpener its first test run tomorrow.    ;)   I am looking forward to the video on single bevel sharpening.
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »
Thanks.  :)
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »
If your going to be sharpening a lot of insert bleeder blades you want the broadhead sharpener. Other ways I'd recommend the knife sharpener.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
Hi Guys,

The knife sharpener is the better choice if you are sharpening heads that come with a decent factory bevel or if you're good with a file. Any laminated tip head that requires a lot of stock removal on the initial sharpening will be much faster and easier to sharpen with the broadhead sharpener. Bleeders and replacement blades can also be done much faster and easier with the BH sharpener than with the knife sharpener and because of their size, many of these smaller blades are impossible to do with the knife sharpener.

I wouldn't think of sharpening any laminated tip broadhead with the knife sharpener unless the head had been filed or otherwise "profiled" first. It would take literally hours to set the bevels with even the coarsest diamond stone. I'm looking for a file that will fit in the knife sharpeners stone carrier but, as you all know  broadheads have higher Rockwell hardness than most files do. I try hard to sell only top quality stuff and I wouldn't be comfortable selling anyone an accessory file for the knife sharpener that wouldn't last a long time. I've experimented with several files and they all wear out after only a few heads. A nice radius tooth file would work except that they're designed to be used paralell to the edge, not into or away from the edge the way the knife sharpener works.

I wish I had a "one size fits all" system but, not yet. I'm working on it though. If you're even decent with a file and can use that for the initial stock removal, then the knife sharpener is the better choice. If you're not good with a file, or if you're gonna be sharpening bleeders and relacement blades, then the BH sharpener is the best choice. Just wanted to clear up any confusion. Thanks

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »
Funny you should mention trying to find a file to work with the knife sharpener. I tried cutting a Nicholson file to fit the stone carrier. The problem I had wasn't the file wearing down. I just couldn't get the file to cut the Grizzlies I was trying to sharpen.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline donw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
i have the KME sharpener and it's the ONLY way to sharpen broadheads...

wonderful product from a wonderful company with great service...
i was told by a sales person, when purchasing an out-of-date newpaper that it was out-of-date...

i told her "i've been told i'm out-of-date, too"...

does that mean i'm up-to-date?

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »
Can't say enough about Ron and his products. This guy will go out of his way to help. I had an idea and Ron worked with me and I couldn't be any happier with the end result. Thanks Ron.

Missed you at compton, I thought your were going to make the show..............moose

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©