3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Refinishing  (Read 473 times)

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow Refinishing
« on: March 27, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
I have a Grim Reaper Longbow that I bought new about 6 years ago.  These bows were made by a custom bowyer out of Winsor Canada.  There was a blemish in the glass when I bought it and I called the bowyer and asked him about it.  He told me that it should not affect the functionality of the bow but to just keep an eye on it.  He also told me that he would stand behind his bows and he would refinish them for free if I ever wanted it done as long as it was within reason.  Well to make a long story short I have hunted with the bow pretty exclusively and love the bow.  I was shooting the other day and when I released the arrow came off the sting and it dry fired.  I looked the bow over and on the back of the handle it looks like it caused some stress cracks in the glass.  I called him to see if I could send it to him and get the bow refinished.  He told me he sold his business and was not doing that anymore.  I took a chance and restrung the bow and it seems to still shoot the same and nothing seems to be getting worse but I still would like to have it refinished.  I was wondering if any of you guys know anybody that does this sort of thing.  I e-mailed Bob Morrison cause I had heard that he does that sort of stuff from time to time but he said he is just to busy and I understand that.  So anybody else that you could think of would be great.  Please include contact information.  

Thanks,
Tim
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Refinishing
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
Jim Belcher, Brighton Michigan? Think i saw on his web-site he refinishes bows.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
Re: Bow Refinishing
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »
Tim,
 You can contact the BEST in the business of refinish/restoration of recurves & longbows.
   Don " Bowdoc" Ward Seattle Washington.
 Email him at  [email protected]

Be sure to tell him Tom Phillips refered you to him.I just recieved 2 old classic recurves back from him on monday.
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©