3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How often do you hunt?????  (Read 715 times)

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
How often do you hunt?????
« on: July 02, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
Living in Alabama our season opens October 15 Thru Jan. 31. The county i hunt in we can kill 5 bucks a year and a doe everyday of the season. I will take off the first week of bow season and a week during our rut. I normally hunt 3 days a week and i am going on 2 out of state hunts. I should get to be in the field between 55-60 days. Its going to be a good year.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How often do you hunt?????
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
I will hunt as often as I can. I don't get out much with my current kid schedule though. Two years ago I got  about 87 days. In a couple years I'll be doing that again.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
I am setting a goal of at least 70 days in the woods this year.. I will make the time and maybe it will have to be only a morning or evening hunt, but I will get in the woods.. Its just like Tred says, showing up is 90%...

JDS III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »
I would say at least 100 days in the field.

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »
every chance I get, probably 30 or 40 days

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »
Not enough!   :saywhat:

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
Not enough...all depends on work...but over time you learn how to maximize what little bit of time you have...hopefully this year I'll get the time necessary to kill a couple nice bucks here in NY, and maybe Conn. and Ohio!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
Here in MD the season opens Sept 15th and runs through end of January. Last year almost 100 days!! Unusual in that right now I am a stay at home Dad. Hunted most days in the AM and was there when the kids got off the bus. Hope it stays that way!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by joevan125:
Living in Alabama our season opens October 15 Thru Jan. 31. The county i hunt in we can kill 5 bucks a year and a doe everyday of the season. I will take off the first week of bow season and a week during our rut. I normally hunt 3 days a week and i am going on 2 out of state hunts. I should get to be in the field between 55-60 days. Its going to be a good year.
I would kill to be able to harvest 5 bucks a year  :scared:  We are only allowed 1
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
2 yrs ago we could kill a buck and a doe everyday of the season.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
I usually hunt at least three days a week in Sept and October. The rest of the year other than June-Aug probably 2 1/2 days a week.

A couple of years ago before a promotion when more time was "mine" I primitive camped with my Wife while Hunting and fishing 29 days.Not counting probably a dozen or so nights in the tent on islands boathunting. 5 deer and 12 hogs along with a spring Gobbler with the stickbow that year. A good year.

This year I`m looking at about 25 days total in the tent...Thats not including doghouse time for buying new bows....lol.RC

Offline rod251

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
We can kill 3 bucks and 3 does and the season runs from October 1 till January 31.  I usually hunt Saturday and Sunday mornings, along with 3 or 4 evening hunts during the work week.  If I don't kill a deer it's certainly not for lack of opportunity.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
Here in Va, we get 3 buck tags and unlimited doe tags on private land (2 deer per day).

I'm self employeed, but manage to get out at least 3 afternoons per week from early Oct. through early Jan.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
In Ohio, squirrel season starts 01-Sep and rabbit season ends 28-Feb.  I think that's about 27 weeks of which I'll be oncall 2-3 weeks so call it 24 for me.  Hopefully, I'll average 2 days a week so 48ish days plus a few here and there for groundhog and maybe turkey.

That's my plan anyway.

Offline frankwright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
All of my hunting lands are 1 to 1.5 hours away and that is the only limiting factor for me. When the gas prices got really crazy I had to limit my trips.

I average two days a week from mid September to the first on January and usually get a week or two in Southern Ohio also.

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
With a bow it would depended on what tags I draw any where for 14 to 25 days and waterfowl season starts the first weekend and close the first or second weekend in January. Blake
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
I'm retired so time is not really an issue, I know I would hunt more than I do if I saw more game when I went. Not complaining, but to go out and hunt 15 or 20 times and only see 2-3 deer for the season....well you see what I mean. Maybe this year will be better, I have a trip to Ill. planned so wish me luck.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
I can bowhunt year round on Kill Permits.  I belong to an organization that does deer control in urban areas.  I go until I get tired of it or the wife get tired of me going.
Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »
a minimum of 200 days a year.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
I hunt 75-80 days every year.
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©