3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: tiller question  (Read 384 times)

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
tiller question
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
What is the differance between a bow tillered for 3 under and split finger? If I shoot split finger what can I expect from a bow tillered for 3 under? Is there any way to change the tillering of a bow and if so how do you do it?

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tiller question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
Normally a bow tillered for 3 under has an even distance between the riser fadouts and the string.  For split it's about 1/4" less on the lower limb. You can change the tiller but it requires removing material from one of the limbs.  I wouldn't do it myself because I'm not a bowyer.  Regardless of the tiller you can get good results by playing with the nocking point.  Good luck...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Art B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »
Glass of selfbows? Split fingers will require a slightly stronger lower limb. If I was going to use both methods I believe I would prefer a bow tillered for split fingers. That's for selfbows though, which I'm more fimilar with. Glass bows you could shoot either way without damaging their tillers. Some of the more experienced glass bow guys could help you out there if that's what you're referring to.

ART B

ART B

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
You can shoot a bow tillered for split three under,you just have to adjust the nocking point height.Some guys shoot as much as 3/4" above square for shooting a split tillered bow three under.Try raising your knock some unless you want to have your bow retillered.The bow may be louder,but there are plenty of guys shooting three under with bows that were tillered for split.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©