3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WW vs WW elite  (Read 510 times)

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
WW vs WW elite
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
I am not going to question if the elites are worth the asking price. I have learned enough from folks on here to know that the process from conception to production ain't cheap.
I just want to if anyone has needed a one piece broadhead on north american game.  I have not seen the regular WW fall apart.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: WW vs WW elite
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »
both are good heads i took a look at the elites at the last shoot i was at and i must say they are made very well, but i dont care for the smaller size, the old ones have taken about everything you can kill in North America so they are proven
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
I'm done chasing the "latest and greatest" whether it be broadheads, cellphones or computers. What I have works fine! WW originals. I've gotten complete pass-troughs on bears, hogs, deer-each and every time. They are easy to sharpen too. When I am out of the dozen or more that I have then I will revisit the newest single bevel or whatever.
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline flyfish1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
Im with curveman on this one. I am "single beveled out" and sticking with snuffers and sometimes maybe the original woodsman. The new woodsman heads are on the small side for sure but made well. Snuffers have a variety of sizes and do everything I ask of them and have made differences on a couple of marginal hits I have had.
Ron A        

"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and we want our freedom"
         ~Sitting Bull

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
I just want to if anyone has needed a one piece broadhead on north american game. I have not seen the regular WW fall apart.

I've killed at least a couple dozen Iowa whitetails with em, never seen one fail in the least. Awesome head.

I will buy the elites if they make them with the original cutting diameter and at 200 grains.

It' would be nice to not mess with bh adapters anymore!
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
I have some of the first woodsmans and have heard that the later runs were even better.  Great head.  No need in changing I guess.  I have a good variety of BHs but that's because of different bows and shafts.  I suppose in the end most any sharpen piece of quality steel will get the job done.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
Bear Heart,
   I've been involved in the Woodsman Elite project from almost the inception so I think I have a little insight here.  It never came around because there was something wrong with the original design.  On the contrarary, the design is excellent and has a proven track record besides the fact that 3R and Magnus have worked really hard to improve the grind and alignments to make them an even better head.  But even at that there are still some limitations to what can be done with that technology.   Archers such as myself and others for years have wanted to find a way to make the woodsman into heavier heads and a way to eliminate the adapters from screw in heads.  If you remember way back, the first screw in woodsmans came with six loose adapters in the package that you had to glue them in yourself.  So the originals have come along way over the years just by themselves and there is no plan to change or discontinue them.  They are just too good unto themselves and as their track record shows.

The goal with the elites was to come out with something different that this type of technology would provide.  Different weights, better out of the package edge and solid screw ins to eliminate the adapters.  Options that were not available with the originals.  Plan is to offer other options in the future, just had to start somewhere and it will take some time to get there. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »
Thanks Dino.  I Look forward to other weights in the future!
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
Personally, I like the glue in insert. To date I have not seen a solid ferrule broadhead that will spin true 12 out of 12.
It's a simple matter to tune them if the inserts are glued with hot melt.. Once they use epoxy they are about like solid ferrules.
I will admit I haven't tried them all, far from it.
I am guess the elites are made with the MIM process, and I would say the odds are good with that technology to  go 12 on 12.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline flyfish1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
good point Earl. I often use steel adapters of various weights with different size snuffies and woodsman heads to get different weight combos. No different than the razorcap system when you think about it.
Ron A        

"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and we want our freedom"
         ~Sitting Bull

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
I've run out of the older WW heads... but have some of the newer ones on order and will be sending one through a bull elk come September.

So I'll let you know after that!

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »
Al    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©