3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrows again  (Read 486 times)

Offline deerslayerUSA

• Trad Bowhunter
arrows again
« on: March 27, 2007, 08:42:00 PM »
I have been a little unhappy with shooting my carbons out of my longbow, and yet again I would like some help. I now know what I am drawing for sue and that is 25". My LB is 49 lbs. @ 28" so that have me at roughly 40 lbs. draw weight. Now my question is I would like shoot 1816's with a  100 grain broadhead. Will that enough weight for hunting? If I calculated right I should have an arrow weight of 398 grains.
Striker Slapstik
CX Heritage 150
200 grain Phantom SS  
I love animals they're delicious- Ted Nugent

Offline deerslayerUSA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrows again
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
Well I guess everyone is done giving me some advice. LOL
Striker Slapstik
CX Heritage 150
200 grain Phantom SS  
I love animals they're delicious- Ted Nugent

Offline mbbushman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
You're at the low end, but that should still kill deer very dead at 20 yards and under. Take only broadside shots and you should be good to go.

Offline adam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:22:00 PM »
I have found that arrows tune better with 10 grains of arrow weight per pound of draw. Which is about where you are. I'm guessing you are wanting to hunt whitetails?? If this is so then you will be fine as long as ou use a razor sharp 2-blade broadhead and put it where it needs to be. IF 40# of draw is legal where you plan on hunting. I hope this helps some.

Adam
Psalm 18:33

Offline LoneWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
I know a guy that hunts with a 40# bow all the time, killed several deer with it no problem.  Keep the head razor sharp and pick a spot, should drop one with out any issues.
LoneWolf
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;" Gen 27:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©