3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: African hunt/photo safari  (Read 209 times)

Offline Colt

• Trad Bowhunter
African hunt/photo safari
« on: July 05, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »
Do any of you guys know of any outfitter or if it is even possible to set up a 2 or 3 day hunt for 1 or 2 animals? Such as impala and or kudu.

My wife and I are planning on going to Africa in a couple of years as she wants to do the photo safari thing. I almost feel obligated to myself to try and kill an animal or two while we are there. The problem is, the info that I have collected, all the hunts seem to be for a minimum of 5 plus days. My wife isn't going to want to spend that much time allowing me to hunt. She has other things to do. And honestly, hunting Africa hasn't been a priority of mine. I'd rather go for a moose. But if we are there, and I have a chance for a quick hunt, I would consider it.

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: African hunt/photo safari
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
Would you really be able to enjoy it, though?  The words, "Hunt" and "quick" just dont go well together.  Everything these days is all about hurrying.  Hate seeing that happen to hunting.

I'm terrible about giving advice. But, if you really want to hunt africa..I'd say go when you have the time, and are able to relax and enjoy it. Cause you may not be able to make it back.

Offline Horner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: African hunt/photo safari
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
Colt, if you get info on this and can get a cheaper price for more people PM me.  I would love to go and my wife would too.  Kudu is what I would love to get also.
Horner
What would you attempt to do, if you knew you could not fail?

Never leave the one you love, for the one you like.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©