3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: RER Longbows  (Read 1078 times)

Offline denden

• Trad Bowhunter
RER Longbows
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
I am thinking about buying a RER Longbow anybody shoot one or know anything about them.

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: RER Longbows
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
RER bows have been a hot topic, as of late. Do a search on them and you will find more pictures and information than you can digest in one sitting.   :campfire:  

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »
I shot one...just as nice as the 'curves. My one buddy sold it though.....to another one of my buds, so atleast I can still shoot it...I think.

It is one of the prettiest longbows I have held. I was surprised to read what the draw weight was- I guessed it was about ten pounds lighter.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
Know what you mean Jamie,I shot that bow ,too.Liked everything about it and had a chance to buy it...if I only had the money at the time I would have.

Offline Larry Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
Can't go wrong with RERs.  Great bows at great prices made by great folks.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
I have a 2 piece takedown vortex that shoots way better than me.  I also believe that I saw the longbow that Jamie is referring to at the Whittingham shoot.  Way prettier than mine.

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
I own one - and wish I had a couple more.   :D

Pdk25 - where'd you get a 2 piece?!  I would LOVE to have a two piece Vortex!   :D
Support the sport!

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
I have a Vortex, and it is one sweet little longbow!

KY  :archer:

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
wihill:  Got it used.  Can't remember if from TG or LW.  I don't think Kevin makes them that way anymore, but I'm not certain.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
I talked with Dennis last night, and the bow he is considering is the 3 piece LX takedown.  Naturally, I told him my opinion  ;)  , but the opinions of you unbiased observers can help.  

For those that have shot one, what are your opinions about the grip style, speed, and shooting characteristics of the LX?
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
Well I had an LX and sold it.  About two months after I wished I hadn't.  Here recently I was thinking about that bow and then low and behold it showed up in the classifieds offered by the same gentleman I sold it to.  I bought that baby back in a heartbeat!  The only issue I had with it was it was a little light in the hand for me.  Now all my bows wear bow quivers so the lightness isn't going to be an issue.  Speed wise they are not far off from some of the best.  Really liked the grip and the bow balanced well.  Plus, it is one of the prettiest bows I have owned.  Looking forward to having another go with it.
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 11:02:00 PM »
Whip, at the little gathering in the Catskills where I shot it, I happened to bring some 3/8 ramin logs, er, arrows. They were "throw away" type arrows I whipped up. Heavy enough to knock a squirrel out with a close miss just with the concussion wave. That lb spit those things down range like it was a 65 # bow. I was impressed.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline RRock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
I just came into an "XR", What can I say, I'm a bonifide RER fan. Smooth drawing and shoots an arrow with gusto. I didn't get this one from Kevin, but did purchase a 3 pcs. TD recurve which is a twin spec wise to the RER I already shoot from him awhile back. Great guy to deal with along with the Whipster. Great bows also, or did I already mention that.

Offline Kris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
Kevin and Sue are top notch people!  RER attends all our traditional shoots here in Wisconsin.
Their bows are made with beautiful woods, exhibit excellent craftsmanship and have exceptional performance and design.  You couldn't go wrong!

Good luck - Kris

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
RER makes a heckuva bow. Plus Kevin and Sue are top notch!

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
Any chance they will be at Denton Hill? I would really like to try one out.

Bill

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
Yeah there pretty bows and all...BUT more importantly, they shoot!

2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
I will be bringing a limited number of the in stock RER's to Denton Hill.  Anything in particular you might like to try?
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
I am the Proud Owner of the RER LX that Jamie and Jeff are talkin' about. Sorry I am not set up to post pictures but this bow is Toooo Beautiful for a fella like me. She's a 62" take down model 55# @ 28". I draw 26" and this girl can fling a heavy arrow with the best of 'em. Alot of people tell me this bow is too long for me. I think they just want to own it.  :p

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »
I love short longbows!!  My RER Vortex 56" 50#@28 1 pc shoots right with my favorite Griffins & Shrews.  They're pretty too...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©