3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Close Encounters Hawaiian Style  (Read 220 times)

Offline bigislandmark

• Trad Bowhunter
Close Encounters Hawaiian Style
« on: July 09, 2009, 05:49:00 AM »
Howzit Gang,

Just had to share one small kine story with everyone. For the last couple of weeks, I've been throwing corn along the edge of my property hoping a large pig might come along. A few pigs have been visiting daily but not the monster that I've been hoping for.

I've had two good friends over to try and take pigs while I tried my hand at video taping the hunt. Videoing  has been a  disaster as my camera is on its last legs. (Will need to start saving for a new camera--ugh!)

Uncle Richard was the first to hunt and took a shot on fairly large sow but had a marginal hit ---high upper back. Tracked her into the forest till eight at night before losing her trail. During tracking, I carried a pistol jus' in case she came out of the ferns. Luckily fo' me she neva',  cause I probably would have shot myself in the foot after peeing myself---- or was that pee self and then shoot foot.

Tonight; early evening Russel took a shot on a nice boar. Shot looked good and we found good blood into the forest. Because Russel is going through some serious medical issues, I had him stay out on the fringe. With my trusty dive light in hand, I went in expecting to find the boar piled up within fifty yards. Blood trail looked good then all of a sudden it stopped. There was a large sploch of bight red blood, then nothing. Went down on my hands and knees and found nothing. Tried to imagine the route the boar might have taken and headed in that direction----still nothing. Made my way back to the last sign and started making small arcs hoping to find blood. Still nothing. THEN----- I head something in front of me. Alright I thought-----Russel's pig! About twenty yards in front of me I could see the bushes moving. When I trained my dive light on the bushes, out came DA MONSTER. First I thought it was a large sow with froth in her mouth but quickly realized that it was blades sticking out-----way out. To top it off, da bugga was headed towards me. Thinking fast, I quickly analyzed the situation and decided which tree might hold my weight.(Actually I probably would have just grabbed any tree/branch in front of me, prayed that it held, and screamed like a little girl). Luckily for me (AGAIN), the boar turned and headed deeper into the forest----- or so I thought. Telling myself that it was getting late and it would be  easier to track during daylight, I headed out------- I also needed a fresh set of underwear. As I worked my way out of the forest, I could hear the boar walking parallel with me. Talk about chicken skin-----

Note to self, (NEXT TIME) beside light saber, bring gun an extra set of BVD's  jus' incase----.

Now that I know the Monster is around I hope to start hunting him and not him hunting me.

Aloha,

Mark

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Close Encounters Hawaiian Style
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »
Entertaining as always Mark!  :biglaugh:  
I'll be waiting to see how this one turns out!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »
Sounds like inside out..the BVD's that is. great story!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline bloodyarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
:biglaugh:  LMAO
Hunting The Way of My Ancestors
(The Traditional Way)

Eddie

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »
Keep us updated on the status.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »
Come down outta da tree bra!

Offline yellow bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »
:biglaugh:

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Heeeee CUZ!
Try time you change da shorts, eh brudda?
Now go get one monsta!

ALOHA NUI LOA!
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
Sounds like fun Mark, I wish I was there to help you. Mostly cuz I think I can out run you!!! Next you need to come here and stick a bear, that should be even more fun!!!!!

Let us know when you get some pork, and,..... don't kill em all, I'll be back before you know it and I'll need sumpin to stick my arrows in.

Hi to all da gang.
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©