3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: muck boots???  (Read 537 times)

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: muck boots???
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
Try getting them directly from Muck...and they ship free.

www.MuckBoots.com      

I got mine at Sportsman Warehouse, but most big sporting goods stores (Cabelas, Bass Pro) carry them.

Mine are 3 years old and good as new.
Lon Scott

Offline BowsnLabs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 12:02:00 PM »
I've had a pair of Woody Max for about 4 years and I'm sold.  Prior to these I wore Lacrosse.  The Muck's do breath much better, are lighter, more comfortable for walking in, and the Woody's are very warm when they need to be.  I've hunted in mine in temps from 55F to 5F.  I've worn them on stand in single digits for a few hours at a time, and with a polypro liner and heavy wool sock they kept my feet warm.  Excellent boots.

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
I like mine!
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
Woody Max-- have gone through 2 hunting seasons without cold feet, down below zero degrees at times. Just get them dried out inside before each use. Best boots ever, IMHO, for cold weather.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »
I bought mine off the net, The Muck Boot Outlet, either Nashville or Memphis, Tenn. Good shipping and return policy. I went with the cheaper pair, camo, in the $85.00 range. Wore them from October through December in heat and cold. Most comfortable rubber boot I've ever had on my feet.I'm sold.  :thumbsup:

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
"Muck" refers to the toe-jam stew that it brews as you walk with them in any weather warmer than about 35 degrees Farenheit.  Also, colder than 32 degrees Farenheit, your feet will freeze.  But don't listen to me, I hate rubber boots...they don't work with my biology for sure.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »
I have a pair of Woody Max.  Good for stand hunting in Nov and December in the north country.  They get pretty warm with just a little walking though.  That model contains too much insulation for down south hunting IMO.  Think a non-insulated model would work better there.

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
I love mine but I noticed that even while keeping them as scent proof as possible, deer still smell where I walked in. This leads me to believe that they don't hold your scent in like a rubber boot will. Anyone else notice this?   :confused:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
As for durability, no problem. I've had mine for four hard seasons with no trouble. Now that every man, woman and child in MT is wearing them, they are available at every hardware store in the state. Don

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
The local Tractor Supply Company (TSC)has them.  I have two pairs.  The short shoe stlye and the mid calf-boot; which for someone like me with short legs it's almost a full boot.  I have worn my shoe style ones for 5 years now almost every single day.  They are the most comfortable things to waer.  I got them origionally for early bow season but just couldn't stop wearing them.
2-Bigs little lady
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »
I have 2 pair. The Fieldmaster for early season. And, the insulated Woody Max for the colder weather. They're great boots. The only ones I've worn for 2 years now. Order direct, they ship free.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©