3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shipping a bow FROM Canada  (Read 310 times)

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Shipping a bow FROM Canada
« on: July 10, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
A fellow in Canada has a longbow I want to buy, however, we are not sure of the best way to do it. I always use the USPS within the USA.

My research on this site says to use the USPS to ship to Canada also.  Many say avoid the couriers like UPS and FEDEX because of high broker fees.

What should I tell the seller to do?

It's a 60" one piece, so approximately, what is the fee?
Lon Scott

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shipping a bow FROM Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
Use the Post Office. 60" is well within the limits and much cheaper that way.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Canadabowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
Use the Post Office.But package it well. I sent a 62" bow in a carpet tube from Fraser Lake B.C. to Ohio using the fastest way and it was $46 Canadian with insurance and arrived in 5 days.Any of the couriers will get you for at least $30 broker fee on top of the shipping fee.
"non illegitimus carborundum est"

Offline KY..Rob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
Yep Dave and Robert have it right, use the Canada post. Tell the seller to mark it used sporting goods. You shouldn't have a problem..We Hope   :thumbsup:  

Rob..

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 07:33:00 AM »
I sent one to Ozy Clint while He was there Lon. I shipped it through the P.O. just like normal except it had to go through Customs. Took a couple of minutes extra to fill out the papers. Like KY.. Rob said mark it sporting goods and give it a couple of extra days and You should be good to go.

bretto

Offline Foxtail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »
I have sold and shipped bows to guys in the  States, and have always use Canada Post with no problems whatsoever. Only word of caution- tell your US customer to not expect the same speedy service as they are use to when shipping south of the border. Not sure if it is because of the two different postal services, or the border process itself- but it definitely takes longer. Last bow I shipped took slightly over two weeks, and the buyer was hitting the panic button after one week. I spent a fair amount of time hand holding just to soothe his worried soul. It arrived as it should have- but his expectations were a bit of a challenge.

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
I have sent dozens of bows to the States.I generally ship them priority mail through the post office.Most have landed within the 5 days.Had 1 that took 42 days,which was a rare thing.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©