3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Badger Arrow  (Read 364 times)

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
Badger Arrow
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »
Thought I'd try out some AD Trad -Lites, so I ordered 1/2 doz. from Paul. I normally fletch my own, but I let Paul do his thing on these. Nice job Paul! The main reason I ordered from BA is his custom cut feathers. I got his 5" hunter cut and they are excactly what I was looking for,lots of surface area but a very low profile, very quiet in flight and quiver. Nice to support uor sponsors here. Thanks Paul!
Tom

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Badger Arrow
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
I had Paul make me up a doz arrows last year, excellent work, almost ready for another dozen.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
Paul has painted up about three dozen AD's for me, absolutely excellent   :thumbsup:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
I have a set of custom AD lites on order from Paul right now you guys are making the waiting time worse on me!

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
Great service, great products. He doesn't stick it to you on shipping like others do! Thanks Paul!
Mike Gerard  owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
I had Paul make me up two dozen arrows for Africa. One set was for the cape buffalo I hoped to get and the other was for lighter game. Both sets were from the AD Hammerheads with brass inserts, aluminum collars, and uni-bushings with g-nocks. the difference was that the heavier arrows used screw-in weights behind the brass inserts to increase weight. Both sets of arrows are 4 fletch with 4 inch feathers. The heavier set weighs 600 grains without points and the lighter set weighs 530 grains without points. Add 315 grains for the ABS Ashby broadheads and you get some real weight in the arrows. In practicing with the heavier arrows before I left for Africa, the screw-in weights started coming loose and rattling in some of the arrows. So, I pulled all the inserts and weights, cleaned off the old glue, and re-glued everything with lots of slow cure marine epoxy in all the threads and around the entire group of inserts and weights being glued into the shafts. I can tell you that I abused some of those arrows terribly while I was in Africa, shooting them at anything and everything to practice my shooting in anticipation of taking a buffalo. Aside from a few minor scratches and a little damage to some of the fletching, the arrows are as good as new. I am now a huge believer in the aluminum collars and the unibushings for preserving the strength of the ends of the shafts, although the Hammerheads are undoubtedly one of the toughest shafts on the market, if not the toughest. To say I am impressed with the arrows and with Paul's work is a huge understatement. Although I am a big fan of various other shafts, it will be difficult for me to shoot anything other than AD's in the future. They are amazing, especially the Hammerheads, and I have the Trad Lites and the Trad "Heavies" too. I definitely will be trying the Hammerhead Lites to get the EFOC in a lighter arrow. Of course, Paul has all of these and does a great job of putting everything together just the way you order them. The only things Paul and I learned from experimenting with my heavy arrows is the need for a more extensive glue job on the inserts and weights and the ability to use wraps on the AD shafts without any problem. Paul dipped my arrows and they are beautiful -- much nicer looking than the wraps -- but fletching can get damaged in hunting and field shooting situations, and refletching with wraps is much easier than it is with dipped shafts.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
allan, I had no idea there was a "Hammerhead Lite"....guess I'll have to get ANOTHER dozen on order....  :bigsmyl:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline 2Knives

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
He's just a knuckledraggin AMMO troop!!!
I normally make all my own arrows but I've been thinking about giving him some of my business when I get back...I've heard nothing but good things about Badger Arrow.
USAF AMMO Retired

Shoot True!!!
Don't Squat with your Spurs on!

Offline Wallcrawler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »
My report of the final product is pending, but I am more than impressed with Paul and his customer service.  I just contacted him and asked about turnaround time and went with Trad Heavies vs. Hammerheads by his advice on my desire to have a complete arrow around 700gr.  I still may get the Hammerheads and save these 700-716gr arrows for those little deer.  Paul confirmed shipment to me within one week of my order and I appreciated this due to deciding to switch arrows last minute for this coming Fall.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
Paul is getting quite a reputation around here.  And for good reason!  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Badger Arrow is top notch for sure!  I bought a set of arrows from them not long ago and they definately delivered!

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
Yep, Paul gets my vote and my business!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »
Tom, Glad to see you liked the arrows.

Kevin, The Hammerhead Trad Lites are new they have only be out for a couple of months.

That's right Dave if you ain't AMMO you aint....

Corey, Your set went out in Friday's mail, you may get them today.

I do get backed up on orders every so often, so it may take awhile to get your order.  I feel quailty is better than quanity.  I would like to say thanks to all of my cusotmers and welcome all new customers.  

-Paul

Offline Wallcrawler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
Well, my package arrived and even though USPS tried to mangle the box my new 1/2 dozen Trad heavies arrived safely.  Paul did a great job and the AD arrows sure are a nice design with great apparent quality.  More arrows to be ordered because 6 arrows just is not enough.  Now to see how they fly.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©