3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Money Poll  (Read 943 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Money Poll
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 12:38:00 AM »
2k at least
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 12:51:00 AM »
More than my wife could ever imagine!!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tradfergie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »
Do we count time. I work at a ladies house for the right to hunt her land. I put in about 40 hours a month, so lets call that $500 and I work form months april to sept,  that is 5 months.  so there you have $2500.  Plus another 200 for tags.  This year it could be more as my brother worked with me but he will be looking down on me now and laughing as I am spreading that mulch all by myself this year.  So it will at least double.  I will miss him in many ways
Banned for possible bad deal and not replying to my email reguarding.  Deal never concluded. Email never replied.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 12:56:00 AM »
$900 for my first longbow.  $150 in new arrows. $100 in maps and aerial photos of several hunting areas.  $1,000 for fuel, food, and camping expenses.  $150 for license, cougar, bear, deer, and elk tag.  $40 for small game license.  This is only the archery costs.  I won't add in the bird hunting costs.  Doule the licensing fees since the wife hunts too.  Oh and $1,000 for her new compound, and equipment, and $850 for he first longbow.  This years is settin cost records.  I am with the prior post.  There is no price to high to have a wife that hunts.   Her next big goal is hunting in Africa.  So expense account is going get real big and then hit zero in record time.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 03:23:00 AM »
About 5-6k. and no I ain't rich... Just a bowaholic. If I ain't got one on order then I'm ordering all the trapping to go with it.
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 06:52:00 AM »
I spend more than I should and really can't figure a total, I bought three new bows this year. A day in the woods is priceless, the bow is just a prop. I shoot every day and love to make arrows. How much, doesn't matter it keeps me out of trouble.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 07:02:00 AM »
With 3 kids that hunt with me and 2 or 3 out of state trips / year, gas, food, fuel, hunting supplies. Easily over $10k.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »
Most years including everything from airfare/guides ect. between 6-10K or more.. That usually pays for three 7 to 12 day bowtrips a year. One to canada then two in the lower 48. I've had to cut way back because this economy is really hurting my bowhunting this year.. LOL

I've found that you really can do alot without spending multiple thousands...   This year I've already looked across the Rio into Mexico chasing Javelina and will go chase black bears close to home on public ground.. This year come Sept. 15th I am chasing whitetail in a serious manner.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 07:20:00 AM »
Whew... I don't feel too crazy! It's nice to be in company like you guys!

It sure is worth the expense though.

Say, when is it out of control? When do we need to attend Trad Hunter's Annonymous?
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »
No idea but just scouting, gear, actual hunting - trail cameras I mean the whole gamet?? 2 thousand easy prolly more.

Deer meat averages out to about 40 dollars a pound.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »
I would kind of hate to have my wife see this but I think she has a pretty good idea anyway. The last few years I've been chasing my dreams and trying to fulfill them while I'm still able.
10,000-15,000 I would guess on average. Although this year I only have one major hunt planned so far so I shouldn't be spending quite as much.
Jack Shanks

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Broadheads - $25.
Dozen arrows $50.
New Kwyk Styk with flares & saddles $970.

The look on my   Wife's face when that long box arrives from UPS,   "PRICELESS"    :goldtooth:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
Since going totally trad a few years back, I spend far less than i used too!! maybe 500. to 700. a year, for tags,fuel, maybe arrows if needed! I can't really count my new bow as I quit smoking to by that!  maybe replacing worn out gear,here and there!
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
The bows I currently use, cost $225.00....for all three.   I'm content mostly to use the good old vintage bows that someone has already broken-in.  One of my bows I made myself twenty years ago.   My broadheads are the same as when I started, Bear Razorheads, which I usually garner for little cost...at flea markets, etc.  Even had a Tradganger send me some for nothing. A really Big guy 8^).  My biggest cost this year will be the two dozen arrows I invested in, so I'm in pretty good shape.  Spending is a personal choice, so what you spend is what you chose to spend.

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »
I'd say about $500 a year unless we sneak in a hog hunt then it jumps to $900 but that is some of the most happy times in my life and worth every dime.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »
Closer to Jack's number than others I see.  It is EXPENSIVE for quality hunting up here in Alaska even as a resident.

I do get out of AK a bit too so that also adds some on the total and I try and make hunting season be about 9-10 months per year instead of one like many hunters.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »
Since im new to traditional archery i have gone a little crazy with spending.

A@H ACS                      1,300.00
Lynn Harrelson Recurve         750.00
Morrison ILF Recurve         1,762.00
Bear Paws Recurve              950.00
Elk Bow                        750.00
4 dozen arrows                 500.00
Eagle Flight Quiver             95.00
3 vintage Bear Bows            800.00
Dywer side guiver               65.00
2 arm guards                   160.00
Texas hunt                   1,500.00
Ohio hunt                    1,500.00

The look on my face if my wife finds out.

((((PRICELESS))))
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
Come on now. Listen if you shoot wheels you practically buy a new one every year because the new one is 3 FPS faster. So thats what a grand after it's all decked out. A Top quality recurve /longbow is about  a grand but if your not a bow buying basket case like some of us here. .It could last you until your grandchild shoots it. By the way I have owned and shot bows from 200 to 1000 dollars . Some of the lower price bows shoot as well as the high end bows. You have to do the homework. Expensive? Everything in this tuff economy is expensive. You have to kick back and enjoy once in a while,no?

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
No complaints about how expensive it is. Just musing is all.

Some of you guys have some kahones. I wouldn't dare keep that much $$ from my wife ;-) !!
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
I'm not married, but in no way am I gonna fess up to how much I actually spend.....it could be used against me in the future.  :biglaugh:
2004 IBO World Champion

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©