3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Home made Bowfishing Arrow  (Read 383 times)

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
Home made Bowfishing Arrow
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »
Well I have been wanting to do some bow fishing for some time now but really did not want to spend the money for the fishing arrow and everything it takes to go bow fishing. So i set out one day with my brother and we made my fishing arrow out of a fiber glass pole, cut it to 32 inches, made my own fishing head. just used a field point and a piece of metal for the barb. Then used a nut that we drilled out and drilled out a little hole on the side and that was the string slider and then i just got some nice string for it. The only thing i have to do is make a holder for my string, i seen i guy on trade gang with a pic of his bowfishing set up and he used a pop bottle to hold his string and that is what am going to try and do. So hop you enjoy have some pics and some videos

THis is a video of just trying out the string slider and seen if it would work at all    :knothead:  
 http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss357/BLurryBuffalo/?action=view¤t=jordanshomemadebowfishingsetup.flv

And this is me trying it out in some water on a noodle floating toy that i shaped like a fish    :goldtooth:  
 http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss357/BLurryBuffalo/?action=view¤t=Jordansbowfishingprac.flv

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Home made Bowfishing Arrow
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
Well done.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
thank you

Offline Last of the Breed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
And basically it was made with just stuff laying around.  The "arrow" is a driveway marker, the slide just a nut and a small screw for the slide stop.
1 John 1:7  , and the blood
of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »
I like it good job.

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
So far it has worked out very well, hopefully ill be able to try it out some time this week.

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
I like your arrow idea- here is a shoot through bow reel idea for you. This is made from a 5 gallon bucket- make the widest end the top and the smaller end attached to the bow. Use a couple of L-shaped brackets bolted to the bucket(off set) and wrap the metal ends that attach to the bow with tape (I used electrical tape). This one was attached to the bow with duct tape- I'll replace that with a couple of velcro wrap around fastners.Cut a slot in the front of the reel as a string keeper and your good to go.    

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
Thanks for the ideal, i need to find a bolt for the front insert that i have on my bow. so i need to go to lows or somewhere, but i was planing on taking like a 20 oz pop bottle cutting the end out of it and just put my string in the pop bottle. But if my ideal does not work then am definitely open to other peoples ideals.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
The bucket spools work real well.  Line comes off super slick and winds on faster than a pop bottle.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 11:51:00 PM »
Ya i have been thinking about it and am going to try it out. i have some buckets around that i can cute up and do that very easy.

Offline BlurryBuffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »
Ya i have been thinking about it and am going to try it out. i have some buckets around that i can cute up and do that very easy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©