3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone else find this offensive?  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: Anyone else find this offensive?
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »
as with many "outdoors" vendors, cabela inc. isn't 100% trad, nor trad oriented.  sure, some of their offerings apply to traditional bowhunting, but that's not their focus and never will be.  when it comes to traditional bowhunting/archery supplies, cabela inc. won't get my dollars ... but you and i know who will.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »
Ain't no need to get sore about it boy's screw em just buy frow somewhere else.It doesn't offend me cause i don't give a crap what people think about me or how i hunt,i have walls full of animals and my freezer stays full.Heck if they made them longhandles in camo i might trip around the woods in em a little but i'd probly buy em from 3 rivers instead.Ain't no need in gettin worked all up we get funny looks at compound mixed 3-d shoots.I've never heard of our rest movin or think somebody moved my sight and so on.Let them be the ones to piss and moan about everything and just be proud of doing it the hard way.
Possum the other white meat

Offline Lenny Stankowitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2009, 04:26:00 AM »
"anyone who deliberately alienates 10% of the market (as someone here estimated) isn't smart enough to mail a box."

Could the same not be said for those who deliberately alienate others based on their legal hunting methods?

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2009, 04:35:00 AM »
Can't say I'm all THAT offended by such a commercial. Mostly because, I AM that gentleman in the red longjohns, stumbling all over the place. At least it feels like that sometimes. I just don't want people thinking it's weapon that makes the difference. I'm the same stumbling, fumbling hunter I've always been...my longbow didn't have anything to do with it...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
Lenny, it will be a sad day indeed if everyone here is expected to endorse the concept of crossbows in archery season just because a combination of regulatory stupidity and corporate greed has successfully made them legal. Don

Offline stick_string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
Just saw this tread...

Was not offended, My mother in law worked for them and they do ALOT for hunting/conservation, etc........

They employ alot of folks and do alot for the community  and conservation.  Good on you guys for getting it pulled.
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Ember Longbow and Brack Drifter

Offline Lenny Stankowitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »
Don...

I wasn't referring to crossbows but that's ok.

Everyone has their ox to gore, too bad they alienate 10% of the "market" with each one.

Offline D. Devall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
i guess yalls rantings got to them cus i never seen it down here. and i never found anything worth buying at cabellas anyway, so no great loss. BASSPRO, here i come!

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Colt:
Is there anybody out there that hunts with a Mathew's bow, not a yuppy?

They all just seem like a bunch of arrogant jerks because they think their equipment is sooooooo much better than anybody else's and because of that, they always seem to think they are better hunters.

A couple of these yahoos I know only drink imported beer and wine. I mean c'mon, that's just not right.
Lets not lower ourselves to the darkside. We are better men/women than that. These are statements I expect from them,not us. Lets not lose the respect for ourselves as traditional archers and give the others the satisfaction.

BTW- I drink expensive wine. Please don't call me a yuppy.  :bigsmyl:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
Mike,

my wine wasn't expensive till they upgraded the carton.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by non-typical:
Mike,

my wine wasn't expensive till they upgraded the carton.
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

Thanks, I needed that today!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline Colt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
leatherneck,

Excuse me, I guess I'm just not,mmmmm, what's the word..........sophisticated.

There is not ONE guy I hunt with who would rather crack open a bottle wine than a Bud. Not lowering myself to the darkside, just stating a fact.

Please don't call me a dumb redneck.  :bigsmyl:

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
Nothing about sophistication bro, my beer is Busch Light.(Buds too expensive) Heck I work in a prison for crying out loud! Not sure who called you a dumb redneck but you probably need to address that with them. When you find them let me know, cause this redneck will help you put them in their place. I grew up in the hills of WVa!
Just don't want to give them any more ammo. We(me,you, and all other trad gangers) are too good a people for that.
Maybe one day me,you, and your Budweiser can share a campfire and I'll introduce you to some fine wine and some fine shine!  :campfire:  Take care.

Mike

Offline Colt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
'shine?????????

My Grandad (mom's dad) used to make 'shine. Guess where they are from. That's right. West Virginia. No kiddin'.

Actually, I don't drink Bud, just my buddies. I like the beer from a local brewery from Chippewa Falls,Wisconsin called Leinenkugel's. Beer of the northwoods. Stuff is GREAT!!!!!

You be careful working in that prison.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
Small world after all!

I've heard of that beer before. I'd like to try it one day.
Well, heading to the farm to watch some deer. Looking to see if "big ten" is still lurking. Later all.

Mike

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
Don T. Very well said....

I don't know guys, I kinda thought it was funny!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
I love Cabela's catalogs, especially the really big heavy one's, I get to laugh at my mailman everytime they put one out. Its Fall catalog time. HA HA HA.

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »
I'm glad to see we're back to important things like beer vs. wine! Just don't assume that my fondness for a good glass of the latter at the end of the day means i've forgotten my own redneck roots! Don

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2009, 10:40:00 PM »
I took up trad archery 4 months ago and me and a buddy are going on a ohio deer hunt. Every time i talk to him he keeps asking me if im really going to use a recurve. I have been shooting 75-100 arrows everday and i never did that with my compound, i love it.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2009, 10:40:00 PM »
Thanks, misspelt trout fly.  :smileystooges:    :D    ;)    

Killdeer

Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©