3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone else find this offensive?  (Read 2200 times)

Offline RLM

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone else find this offensive?
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
Then according to Cabela's  Howard Hill, Fred Bear, Ben Pearson, Glen St.Charles, etc. are all bumbling idiots!!! I never bought from Cabela's and don't plan to start now.

Offline gsdmikko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 07:58:00 AM »
just CALLED cabellas and talk to the promotions person to give them a thought about there commercial..she is suppose to forward comment to "Mr. Cabella to read..have to wait to see what happens..
Follow Your Dreams
" It's better to die Livin'
  Than live Dyin "

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
Guess I won't be going to their new store in Billings. Sponsors on the TG site pretty much take care of anything this dumb old out of touch trad hunter needs, anyhow.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline mike hall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
Thanks God I have a Bass Pro 15 minutes from home........ that one ticked me off!!!

Cabelas marketing team must be a bunch of clueless young guns who don't understand what it takes to hunt traditional.
Fools!

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
Folks, it's just marketing. As a Southern man, I see much in advertising that's just as offensive to my life's choices every day. Worrying about such stuff gives you high blood pressure.

Sticks and stones may break my bones...

Yes, call them, write them, e-mail them if it makes you feel better. However, keep in mind that to the marketing mindset, ANYTHING that gets your attention means success to them. The more obnoxious a commercial is, the more likely we are to remember it. They know that. They bank on it. Think of Enzyte and "Smilin' Bob", and Billy Mays, may he rest in peace!
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline arrowslinger22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »
It's class warfare, that's what it is.  Lets all make sure we don't participate.  They've shown us who it is they value. Support our sponsors here and others that share our values, then we've done all we need to do.
Only when the last tree has died
and the last river been poisoned
and the last fish been caught
will we realize that we cannot eat money

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »
Haven't seen the comercial but from the 30+ years of socializing w/ hunters,I would say the opposite is more true when it comes to compound and trad hunters.

Offline matthewp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »
That is ridiculous and very offensive.  I just emailed them.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
Letters ARE effective. The Jeep ad where it rescued a deer was pulled due to hunter's outcry. Politicians multiply every letter X-times because they figure that for every letter there were thousands who were too lazy to write. Activism is important.
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Claymore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »
As someone said just support our sponsors here. I have bought from several here and ALL of them gave great service and the fastest that I have found in any thing I buy.
Don Dow 37@30
HH Cougar 38@30
Hoyt Excel 38@30

Offline Claymore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
O yea I am greatful for a sight that can talk about something civil so I can read it before it has to be pulled. My hat is off to you.
Don Dow 37@30
HH Cougar 38@30
Hoyt Excel 38@30

Offline Claymore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »
O YEA thanks for a sight that a topic can be discussed in a civil manner so I can read it before it gets pulled.
Don Dow 37@30
HH Cougar 38@30
Hoyt Excel 38@30

Offline Claymore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »
Sorry for the two post I am just not to good at this.
Don Dow 37@30
HH Cougar 38@30
Hoyt Excel 38@30

Offline mike hall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
I understand the way marketing works, but, do you think it would be wise to have a commercial depicting a "Fisherman" in his pimped out ride with all the latest electronics and bins overflowing with all the latest tackle screaming across the water while depicting a fly fisherman stumbling through pristine waters and losing his creel to the current? When you think about the intentional slam they put on us, do you think the "marketing boys" thought about the amount of dollars we spend on items other than high end compounds and fancy range finders. Think about all the camo, all the camping gear, all the fishing tackle, etc.............................Like I said before, Fools!

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
Where can I watch this ad???

JDSIII
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jason R. Wesbrock:

Originally posted by SpankyNeal:
 I know advertising is geared towards particular audiences, but you don't have to trash others to get a point across!

Ken
I've been saying that about the traditional archery for a long time: that we should be able to promote our pastime without trashing others. Unfortunatley, a lot of us haven't quite figured that out yet. Do I find the commerical in question offensive? No more than a lot of what I hear and read on a daily basis from fellow traditional archers referring to other user groups.

Just food for thought. [/b]
Exactly!.....Lighten up fellas!

Mike

Offline TradBowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
Umm. guys lets think about this rationally. On this site, I have read where newly designed camo is a waste of money, gps is non-traditional, don't even mention crossbows or compound bows, scouting cameras are for lazy "cheating" hunters who don't want to get out and do footwork, we buy everything we need off of the little guy etc, etc, etc...so what exactly would you shop at cabelas for anyway?....so some of you are getting your panties in a twist over cabelas putting out an add, writing them about how we are done shopping at your facility....and really we might make up 10% of Cabelas sales...do you really think they care??? LOL..life is too short to get all upset about everything that comes down the pike.

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
Right on Jason, Steve and Mike.  I do agree that was a bad move on the advertisers part though.

Offline Colt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
Cabela's is for yuppies, anyway.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
The way this does effect us is the image portrayed of Traditional hunters as it is seen by whomever else sees the commercial. I have nothing against any hunting weapon used responsibly, seems there are better ways to get a message across than to put down another group of hunters. To me the ad says if you don't spend a lot of money you aren't going to be successful more than anything else, a nonhunter I believe would have an entirely different take on it.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©