3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone else find this offensive?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Old York

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone else find this offensive?
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »
Mo.,wish I had enough for everybody.
Hard times bringin' out the worst.
'Ere's to ya, mate!
"We were arguing about brace-height tuning and then a fistmele broke out"

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
Just ordered some new expandables.
Darn deer keep running off with them.  :D  

Steve

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »
uh oh you spoke of the wicked ones shame on you. I thought this would be dead by now.  I should have just left out my last comments Jason said it better.  I think I will take my boy and the neighbor boy and shoot some bullfrogs can't wait to actually get some and eat them.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by TradBowyer:
Umm. guys lets think about this rationally. On this site, I have read where newly designed camo is a waste of money, gps is non-traditional, don't even mention crossbows or compound bows, scouting cameras are for lazy "cheating" hunters who don't want to get out and do footwork, we buy everything we need off of the little guy etc, etc, etc...so what exactly would you shop at cabelas for anyway?....so some of you are getting your panties in a twist over cabelas putting out an add, writing them about how we are done shopping at your facility....and really we might make up 10% of Cabelas sales...do you really think they care??? LOL..life is too short to get all upset about everything that comes down the pike.
Apparently they do care, and realized the money they would potentially lose.  Congrats to those who complained and got the commercial removed.

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
I sent this to Cabelas...

A short while ago I saw a commercial for Cabelas that showed 2 bowhunters. One was carrying a compound and had all the latest gadgets with your latest hunting gear. He appeared to be in control and ready to hunt. The other was carrying an old recurve and wearing red long johns and stumbling through the woods. He appeared to be an idiot.

The reason I am writing about this commercial is because I am a traditional archer and bowhunter. I take offence that you, a hunting outfitter depicted a traditional bowhunter as an idiot. I have been a customer of Cabelas for over a decade spending several hundred dollars at your Wheeling location last year. I feel you owe the traditional archery community an apology for the way you portrayed them. I have no intentions of making another purchase from Cabelas until one is publicly made. I would also suggest you fire the those involved in making a commercial like that. If you have no intentions of pulling this commercial and issuing a public apology then you may remove my name from your mailing list as I will not be using your services and products any longer.
I don't know if you noticed but you sell several different lines of traditional bows and equipment in your latest Archery catalog.

Sincerely,

Jim Suttinger

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Congrats on getting that ad pulled all!!    :clapper:   I do enjoy good humor and might have laughed that one off BUT I do remember some tech shooters claiming that traditionalists are a bunch of gut shooting elitists and we are irresponsible for the gear we choose to use.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
With all due respect, I just undid the flap in the back of my longjohns and aimed my haunches at Cabella's.

Not likely to throw any of that new-fangled money that way, and Lord knows I'm too backward to use that there plastic money to buy from them folk.

Offline Tilbilly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
They didn't think it through before making the commercial.

The point is that they publicly mocked ANY niche involved in hunting or the outdoors in general, when that is their buisness. And the public doesn't need to be fed any more negative images than they already get in general.

Glad they saw the light.
The older I get, the better I was.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »
Jason,

I felt it was at least implied in the threads that said we should just take a joke or that letter writing was just more publicity/they'd just see the ad as effective/our letters wouldn't matter. Just recently the Obama admin. tried to have its Customs ban the importation of knives that could be opened with one hand. It was the HUGE amount of mail that generated that they are now revising that position. Anyone who sits on their arse and doesn't write is REALLY hurting us! I know some politicians and they tell me that getting letters has an ENORMOUS influence on them. They figure that if they get one letter then 1,00 people agree but were too complacent to write! I agree completely with what Ted Nugent said: "If you reps don't know your name, then you're not doing your job to protect our rights!" (gist).
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
If I had seen it I probably would have found it offensive, but then again I find all TV hunting shows that portray us as bumbling, missing, wounders of un-recovered animals offensive. Thanks,to those of you who got the add pulled. Oh,by the way, I am a big fan of Cabela's.
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
I have not seen it, but im upset by what im reading.
Steve.

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by leatherneck:
It apperars Cabelas saw the mistake(by way of your emails) and took action to make it right. We can't ask them to do any more than that. Thanks for doing the right thing Cabelas.
Now, lets get back to talking traditional. Stump shooting anyone?
sounds good.
Steve.

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
I also wrote Mr. Arterburn back and thanked him for taking such rapid action to correct this situation, and for helping to maintain the integrity of bowhunting as a whole. Thanks again to everyone who responded, and to Cabelas for doing the right thing!  :thumbsup:
Ken "Spanky" Neal

4 Sunset Hills and counting!

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

"Speed is vital, however it is absolutely worthless when you exchange it for stability and accuracy"...John Schulz

Offline Forrest Creature 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
This message is for "Lefty" iam not your spokesman nor do i want to be,the posts that were on there were from trad gang shooters that were not happy with the ad. What gives you the right to get on here and bash me is it because your #91.Iam just one of the guys that had the guts to stand up against the big guy. I love Trad Gang and the sponsors and post but i have a hard time when someone wants to tell me i can't voice my opinion. Iam sorry that i included or offended anyone that did not want to be included, but i can go to bed knowing that i did the right thing in my eyes.If you need to voice your opinion please feel free to call me # 740 546 3761. I dont think this needs to go on on this page anymore thanks FC1

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
Lefty not cool  "[dntthnk]"
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »
Just another entry on a long list of disappointments from Cabelas. They have involved themselves in real estate deals that cost hunters of ordinary means hunting opportunities, do not stand by their products when they fall apart, and now this. Sure, "it's all marketing"... but in this economy anyone who deliberately alienates 10% of the market (as someone here estimated) isn't smart enough to mail a box. Mr Cabela has forgotten who made him rich. Don

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
i would have probably been offended if i had seen it however i dont own a TV. dont intend to either.

good job to those that put the time in to correct it
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
Ive read a few posts on here and I'm confused because when I shot my wheel bow I did not spend near as much money on archerey stuff. I had one bow and about 2 dozen arrows. Now I sold my wheel bow and have 9 trad bows and 6 dozen arrows!! I must be doing something wrong!
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »
I like Cabelas.   Seems like they are one of the few places that if you are not happy with a product you can return it with no problems-at least I have never had a problem.

As far as the ad, it never really bothered me---in fact, I think some of the characteristics of the traditional hunter were model after myself or some of my friends.  Anyway, I knew it was an attempt at 'humor' in order to sell a product. No big deal--I generally dislike 90% of all the hunting ads anyway.   It is good to see they responded to those that raised their concerns.

Offline rkmnt2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2009, 09:54:00 AM »
I wish I'd seen the ad....is it out there in computerworld somewhere that I still can? Because right now I don't know if I should have been offended and I hate missing out on things! (I'm kidding....I would like to see it though)

I do understand that it's all about the big bucks and the advertising guys are doing a job to get the most for the investor. And it would seem that the gadget guys would spend more than the trad guys. I gotta agree with Broken Arrow though....I'm WAY more in debt now than I was then! There's just a smaller population of "us". That's one of the attractions for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©