3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Camo Dipped  (Read 999 times)

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
Camo Dipped
« on: July 22, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
I just sent my riser off to be dipped in predator brown. It has only been a few days but I can not wait to get it back. Please show me some pics of bows you have had done. Also if you have had one done please give me some feedback. Thanks..Henry
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Offline Oregon Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Camo Dipped
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
don't have one but I want to see yours when it gets back
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
O.O. I will get some pics on here as soon as I get it back. Just wanting to see some teasers before I do.
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Offline Coop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
No pics because it is being worked on now, but mine is at the guys with Precision Hydrographics (sponser here) now. I was told by the weekend it should be dipped. I am really looking forward to seeing it. I chose their "Oak leaf" pattern.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Offline Bill Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
I have one that is camo dipped by Sipsey River.  I got it dipped because it has white glass limbs.  I have had it back for a couple of months and haven't managed to scratch or scrape it yet.  It has a slightly rough texture that keeps the bow from sliding around in a sweaty hand.  The matte finish also does not reflect or shine.  So far, the finish has stood up to 98 degree temps and the texture didn't change.  I think it is a very good process and worth doing.  I can highly reccomend it.  Bill

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »
had a "71 kod hunter that had a blemish on the upper limb from being stored with a spring arm quiver on it,(it would have been fine with just the quiver arm, but someone had put tape on the arm ,and that is what marked the bow limb)so I sent it to sipsey for the fall orange leaf or orange hard woods or whatever they call it, came back like a brand new bow, I love it, they did above and beyond what I ever excpected, you will fall in love all over again.
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline hunterbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
I just hade a beeler longbow dipped in oak leaf you can see pics here.http://***********.bowsite.com/TF/lw/thread2.cfm?threadid=195104&category=88#2499013
robert quetot

Offline Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »
I had my 17 year old Allegheny Mountain Recurve dipped by Lonnie at Precision Hydrographics about 3 months ago.  It's now Predator Green and looks great!  Sorry I don't have pictures. I even had an old Selway bolt-on quiver dipped in the same pattern.  The hood is rawhide and was faded badley.  Lonnie was hesitant to dip the hood, but I promised not to hold him accountable if the camo didn't adhere.  It came out great and looks great with the bow.
I agree that the protective finish they spray on feels great, even with sweaty hands.

I have an extra set of limbs that I will be sending to Lonnie for dipping very soon.  I'm thinking of having them dipped in Predator Brown.  Not sure how they will look with a Predator Green riser, but it could become a new trend  :)
Javaman Elkheart, 58", 51 @ 30
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 61 @ 29

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »
Thanks for the input guy's. I was hoping that it would help with sweaty hands. I am just dipping the riser and leaving my limbs that I have because they have brown glass on them. I think it will look pretty good with the predator brown riser and brown limbs. I will post pics as soon as I get it back. Thanks again..Henry

Offline Grabwad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
Can someone post some pictures?

Offline Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
Here's some pics of an original Black Widow "Prototype" MAIV that was owned by Bill Bonner (their bowyer at the time) finished in Advantage Camo.  They ended up going with Mossy Oak Camo for their product line.

I took my first trad animal with it.  10 pt buck at 9 yards.

Skinner
"Who's shooting the girly bow?" - My wife Vicki's comment to one of my X-bow hunting buddies.

Offline Coop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
Very nice! (The bow and the deer)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Offline Blackhawk7204

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
Hey Henry, just got yours finished about 10 minutes ago.

Offline Blackhawk7204

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
Here are a few more.

Offline KY..Rob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
Looks good  :thumbsup:  Is that a "Bob Lee"?

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
thats pretty sweet  :thumbsup:
Hoyt Tiburon

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
WHOA NELLIE !!!!    :bigsmyl:
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »
Thanks for the tease there Lonnie that looks really good!!! I can not wait to get it back, I bet it looks even better in person. Yes that is a Bob Lee riser. Thanks again you do some great work..Henry

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 12:21:00 AM »
Very nice looking   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 06:03:00 AM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©