3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: north dakota trad shooters?  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: north dakota trad shooters?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
Howdy, Ya'll!  I'm with Brad in Dickinson and am a member of his archery club.  Count me in as a participant if we organize a trad shoot, as I'm always looking for opportunities to meet and shoot with others of my "kind."

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Jason Jelinek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »
I'm hoping to have more information late next week.

Jason

Offline Badlands

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
update
We had our monthly club meeting last month so I asked for the ok to host a "Trad fun shoot". I explained that what I had in mind was charging participants on fee to shoot as much as they wanted for the weekend, that this would be limited to traditional equiptment only and there would likely be other "traditional" type events and games along with it. I explained that this would not necessarily be a money maker for the club, but we would charge what ever was necessary to cover target depreciation. They thought it was a great idea and gave me the green light to go for it.
We didn't spend the time to dicide on a price but $13 pr day or $25 for the weekend was mentioned, so it would likely be in that ball park.  

So, depending upon what the rest of you decide to do, My club would be willing to and probably will host a shoot.  

If I had to guess at this time I would say that it would be on or about the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of June and, although I'd love to have one out in a remote part of the badlands, we would probably have it at our outdoor range the 1st year.

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »
Would you have any area for camping out there?
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Offline greg meyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
Sounds like a great idea to me.  Count me in.  I am in Bismarck and please let me know if I can help out.  

BillW,  I hunt around Grassy Butte every year.  Shoot me an email if I can be of any help.  

Greg

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Get a hard date so I can put in for vacation days...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Badlands

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
Taiga
No problem camping at the range if we have it there (other than an occasional train going by).

About the dates,
I think I could firm them up soon, but I've kind of been waiting to see what Jason and the Chickenman have to say. I think they were both working on setting something up in thier areas and don't want to step on thier toes.  
I think it would be fun if we could have a few trad shoots and have them spaces out enough so it would be easy to attend more than one.

The next thing would be to think of other fun activities to do at the shoot.

Brad

Offline Jason Jelinek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »
If you want to run with it, that's fine with me.  You're not stepping on my toes.

Jason

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
Hi everyone! This is Bob from Jamestown. We have a handful of trad shooters here - Dave, Steve, Larry and Glenn and a few more, but no place to shoot outdoors, yet.

It would be fun to meet others from around the State. We don't have an archery club here anymore but Stutsman Co. Wildlife has an archery committee that sponsors  2 shoots a year.

Some of you may have come to Jamestown's annual 3-D archery shoot in March sponsored by Stutsman Co. wildlife and the park board.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline Badlands

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
ttt

Offline nd chickenman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
Badlands, Dickinson is my favorite end of the state, I will be there will at least one other. I will have a weekend lined up at our range just for fun and b/s session. No fees, just some good times and some excellent BQ chicken. Joel N

Offline Jason Jelinek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
July 14th

We are going to have a traditional shoot/gathering at Sandhills Archery Club in West Fargo on July 14th.  We plan to have the following:
- primitive fire starting techniquest
- primitive arrow building
- KE, PE, efficiency, and arrow speed measurements
- aerial shooting
- distance shooting
- 3D course
- other demos (possibly sonme from a local sporting goods store in the FM area)

The costs aren't fleshed out yet, but mark your calendar and come out and have fun.  I'll have more info on the website in the next couple of weeks.

www.sandhillsarchers.org

Jason Jelinek
[email protected]

Offline Jason Jelinek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
I also see where the Prairie Rose State Games are being held in Fargo that weekend with an Archery event. It looks as if they are specifically setting up a Traditional class. Why not come to Fargo and attend both shooting events, the Sandhills Traditional Shoot and the State Games. You can kill two targets with one arrow... isn't that saying?

Look forward to meeting some of you
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.

Offline Badlands

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Dakota Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
I will put up a poster at my archery club, Missouri Basin Bowmen.  Keep me informed of any changes or updates in planning.  Not sure if I will be able to make it, but hopefully others from our neck of the woods can.

Dakota Kid

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
Badlands,
How goes the planning for your shoot out there. I would like to say myself and who ever I can drag along will be out for yours.

Offline Badlands

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
Taiga
Anyone who would like to is welcome to camp primatively at our range.  I think that there will be plenty of room.
Our clubs next meeting is next Tuesday the 8th. After that time I should be able to post more details and put some type of flyer together to get out to the clubs and whoever else would like one.
For now I can just say that there will be a Trad only shoot and it will be the weekend of June 23rd and 24th.
I'm hoping that in addition to shooting a 3d course, we can do some other fun stuff.

Offline Jason Jelinek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
Regarding the trad event at Sandhills, we have a schedule conflict with another event at the park and we won't be having it on July 14th.  We've decided to make this an informal event at the club at a time to be determined later.  I'll post some more information when we've narrowed it down more.

Jason

Offline Badlands

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
Hi all

Finally had our club meeting last night.  We are deffinately on for the weekend of June 23rd and 24th.  
The place will be the Rough Rider Archers range just east of Dickinson.
Free camping at the range for anyone who wants for Friday and Saturday. BBQ grills available.
20+ 3D targets.
cost will be $15 for the whole weekend or any part of it. Shoot as much as you want.
I think we'll do some airial shooting so bring your flu flus.
Probably a coon shoot Saturday night.
Maybe some distance shooting like clout.
Maybe a milk jug shoot.
Whatever other shooting games we can dream up.
Gear swap, bring anything trad that you would like to sell or trade.
Giant Albino carp shoot.

Campfire after dark.

If Joe Hicks is around we may get to see a flint knapping demo.
We could make some flemish strings if anyone wants.
Tom Braun from Lemmon may be there with a supply of his Douglas Fur arrow shafts for sale. He makes very nice shafts and they are very reasonably priced.

Let me know if there are any other events you would like to see or if there is anything else you can think of that might make the weekend more fun.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©