3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ILF RISERS  (Read 208 times)

Offline flinthead

• Trad Bowhunter
ILF RISERS
« on: July 26, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
would like any info on the Morrison 18 in.  ILF riser , and how it compares with the Tradtech 17 inch riser .I have a Tradtech and was just wondering if they are close in fittings and shootabilaty . Thanks , Flinthead
Maybe it is time to shoot what I have on the rack

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ILF RISERS
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
It winds up boiling down to your limbs on ilf risers.The Titan can have a much smaller grip if you like that.It's grip can also be change in a few seconds.It is drilled and tapped for any accesories if you want to mount a bow reel.stab or ect.The Morrison is prettier if you are into wood.Both make good shooting bows.I have both but lean toward metal over wood myself in bows.I just like the stiff risers with small grips you only get with metal.I am shooting a Gamemaster now for that reason with the Morrison and Titan in a drawer.  ;)
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Lenny Stankowitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »
"I have a Tradtech and was just wondering if they are close in fittings and shootabilaty"

The limb fittings are universal.  Any "ILF" limb should fit on any "ILF" riser.

In regard to "shootability," it would be all up to what the shooter wants in regard to limbs, riser length, weight, material, etc.  In my opinion, metal is MUCH more versatile.

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
The Titan for me as well,  I can drop it beat it and never have to worry about it.

Offline flinthead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
Thanks guys , the great thing about this site is the info available from people that actually use the equipment. This answers my questions , will stick with the Titan. Flinthead
Maybe it is time to shoot what I have on the rack

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©