3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is your "curse" animal?  (Read 889 times)

Offline justin ammons

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is your "curse" animal?
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
mine was the whitetail doe.  i had probably missed close to 20 in 15 yrs, but killed  the first 3 bucks i ever shot at.  crazy right?  however, broke the curse last bow season.  now i'm happily looking for my next curse animal.
Pr. 3:5-6

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mo. Huntin:
TURKEY Those things are the luckiest animal alive.
I often think the only reason I buy fall turkey tags is to guarantee those birds won't interfere with my deer hunting.

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
Big Mule Deer!! I've killed a few younger ones and have had 190 class bucks in range but I always "fall apart" when it comes time to close the deal.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
Sambar deer on Guam and Axis deer in Texas. Both Jumpy critters, the sambar live in the thick jungle and are a hard hunt, so far Sambar deer 4 danny 0.

Axis have eyes in the back of their heads, I swear it is true. Drawing on one at 15 yards, his head was down and he was relaxed, so I thought, and he ducked and zigged before I got to full draw, now he did not see, hear or smell me, go figure. Axis 3 Danny 0.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
I know how you feel Danny! No more curse for me...

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Holy cow I forgot about those dang armadillos.  I don't have to many around here but I had one scare several hogs off when I was in Oklahoma.  Loudest animal in the woods.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
Tree Rats!!!!!!!!!!! I cant hit em.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Elk!I hate to think how many times Ive gone but, this is the year!  Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline thetroutguy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
Great question.  We all have that one animal that keeps eluding us.  Mine is elk.  I have been focusing hard on killing one for an honest to God 21 seasons.  I have killed countless mule deer, rabbits, grouse, coyotes, while pursuing elk.  I have had multiple encounters of 20 yards or less and have never been able to EVEN TAKE A SHOT!!!!

Now that may not seem unusual until I tell you that I have lived in Montana my whole life.  Every season is the same.  We are focusing on elk and elk only until one hits the ground.  We chase them around for 10 days and shoot a deer on our way back to camp some evening.  

I absolutely LOVE chasing elk around.  I just can't seem to close the deal no matter what.  I just don't get it.  I know lots of guys around here that shoot one every year.  But for me the curse continues.  I don't get it.

This year however, I have a new plan.  I am going deer hunting and hoping to run into an elk that gives me a good shot some evening on the way to camp.   :readit:  

Actually, this is my son's first year of bowhunting and we are trying to get him a deer.  A little deer meet in the freezer will suit me just fine. I have gotten used to the elk situation.  I figure I will get a couple of deer under his belt before I ruin him on the perils of chasing elk.
***TGMM Family of the Bow***

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©