3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wensel Pig Gig 2010???  (Read 155 times)

Offline jvwoods

• Trad Bowhunter
Wensel Pig Gig 2010???
« on: July 30, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
Does anyone know the dates for next year's Pig Gig???  I went to the Wensel website but nothing's been posted yet.  Need to plan some vacation time ASAP. We're ready to book!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wensel Pig Gig 2010???
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »
I'd PM Uncle Barry, I know that they were in negotiations on some new properties....
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
Yep, the boys are still sorting out the details, but it should be soon....
They have a couple of very promising new ranches lined up.  There should be a pile of pigs going for a ride in a pick up truck next year!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
I have been watching as well - may join in this year.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
Whip, hoping to thank you in person for the great job on the picture.   :thumbsup:

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
Re: The 2010 Pig-Gigs, I don't want to get too carried away here because all the minor details have not yet been worked out. We're dealing with some large ranches that are governed by multiple people. Therefore decisions need to go through a board of directors, etc. Everything is looking great but we just need to go through the proper procedures. It looks like we'll be having at least four separate bowhunts with a possibliity of five. We are again planning on five-day bowhunts running Monday thru Fridays, with arrival the Sunday before and departure the next Saturday. This will allow travel on the weekends before and after the hunts. It also works out well for the inexpensive Texas five-day non-resident hunting licenses. The actual hunt dates we PROPOSED for the 2010 Pig-Gigs will be: Hunt #1 Feb. 8-12; Hunt #2 Feb. 15-19; Hunt #3 Feb. 22-26; Hunt #4 March 1-5 and another possible Hunt #5 March 8-12th. We're planning at least one hunt which will be for Tradgang members only. We're limiting the numbers on the first three hunts to a maximum of 24 bowhunters on a 40,000 acre ranch that includes eighteen miles of river bottoms. It will be divided up weekly in order to not pressure the game. It also appears we'll have both the options of tent/camping and some available bunks for the older/softer guys :^) Gene and I spent another week this May down there looking over the various properties. I think you guys are going to love it. As soon as everything is finalized we'll make the announcement on here and list all the details and options on our website. Please stay tuned and thanks for your patience. Meanwhile stay close to the A/C.  BW

Offline leewillis92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 12:33:00 AM »
Sounds like it would be a blast!
Hunt Hard. Stay Safe. God Bless.

Offline tradfergie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 01:53:00 AM »
Can I Come  :bigsmyl:
Banned for possible bad deal and not replying to my email reguarding.  Deal never concluded. Email never replied.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©