3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BOTB Mainbeam Flashlight  (Read 844 times)

Offline Arrowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
BOTB Mainbeam Flashlight
« on: July 30, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
I am thinking about getting one of the Main Beam Flashlights advertised on Brothers of the Bow site and wanted some feedback on it if you have used one.
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Offline Bob Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BOTB Mainbeam Flashlight
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
I used one last year and they are great.  I hunted over 70 days with and same set of batteries.  Best flashlight I have ever used.
Bowhunting is not just a way of life, it is also fun.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »
I bought one for My son and son-in-law for Christmas last year. They are amazing little lights! Don't forget to order batteries with it, You won't find them any cheaper. If You can find them at all.

bretto

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
I have one has well. Best light for the money and I can't believe the versatility-so many settings and even an automatic SOS!
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »
compact, bright, quality, ... dang, ran out of compliments... guess i will do this:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »
I have two of them, not because I'm afraid that "#1" will fail or run out of juice, NO, it's because I'm afraid of losing one and doing without  - I'd be LOST!. Bottom line, all of the positive comments that have been posted since they became available are absolutely true . . . for the money, the best bowhunter's flashlight out there!  Heck, I think it's the best at any price.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »
I got one for Christmas.....I'm a flashlight freak...weird, I know.....but it's the best I've ever owned bar none.....don't hesitate, you won't regret it!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
Great light!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »
Yep, not much more can be said except pick up one of the headbands so you can use it as a headlamp.

Offline Steven Russell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »
I got one for Father's day this year and love it.  Great product!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
It is the best flashlight I have ever owned.  Perfect for the hunter.  Small, yet can create a light you can shoot coons out of a tree with. . . or, just enough light to walk a trail home with.  I can't seem to use up the batteries.
I don't think you will be disappointed.
ChuckC

Offline Daddy Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »
We have the Fenix Tactical PD30 at work which I believe is the same light sold as the Main Beam.  If so, it is a well vetted light with high marks.  You would be well served with this light added to your gear.

Best

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 12:38:00 AM »
Great lights I have been using a P3D (Thanks Rob) for a couple years now and it has become my go to light.

For me this light has it all from a low power (lumen) battery saving setting to an ultra bright burst mode.

This is truly an all in one flashlight when combined with a headband.

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »
Gotta agree with everyone. I've had a Fenix P3D (The BOTB Mainbeam is the P3D, not the PD30. Sorry to be contary guys!) for years. Throws an excellent beam & the Cree LED head is still the industry standard.
One thing I will say, you don't seem to get the same amount of colour variation with vegetation, or penetration into undergrowth with an LED head, compared to an incandescent bulb. The white LED light tends to wash colours together, making it difficult to distinguish between dark greens & browns & dark red becomes black. Something to maybe consider if you're thinking of one for bloodtrailing.
However as a general purpose flashlight, it's excellent & I wouldn't be without mine.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Arrowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
Thanks guys.  I see someone said get extra batteries are they hard to find locally?
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »
I was fortunate to have Uncle Barry W. gift me one of the Mainbeam flashlights last year on Bear hunt and I can say without a shadow of a dought it is superb.I am kinda a flashlight freak as well and have tried many Gerber,Princeton,Mag-Light,Surefire,Streamlight & Cabela's to name a few and they do not hold a candle to the Mainbeam.YOu will not regret the investment !!!!
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »
I lent mine to my wife and she had me IMMEDIATELY order her one as well....I know what I'll be giving for Christmas gifts this year...  :thumbsup:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
Just wanted to say thank you for all the positive reviews on the hunters flashlight we sell. I wanted to clarify to Rob that we do sell the PD30 as it has replaced the now discontinued P3D models. The PD30 was improved by adding a hexagonal head piece that prevents the light from rolling when placed on a flat/hard surface. The knurling has also been improved, as well as the lumens increased from 215 to 220 lumens max. This is an unbelievable output for any light, no less from one this size/weight. The six output settings pretty much covers any/all hunters use. I read all kinds of talk on quality headlamps but frankly when the flashlight is coupled with the small/lightweight and inexpensive headstrap we have available the results beat any headlamp I've ever seen. I also wanted to answer the question on battery availability. The CR123A batteries can be purchased at any Wal-Mart for a price of $9.84 for two, whereas we sell them for $2. each. The light is a first-class quality product that we sell for the same or less than most other distributors/dealers. There's no better flashlight that I'm aware of for general hunters purposes. For those who haven't seen it work there is a short TWO part (everyone seems to only watch Part One before they purchase) You-Tube clip on the  www.brothersofthebow.com  website. Thanks again for all the support. BW

Offline talltines

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
It is an awesome light.  I will second the optional headband.

Offline Arrowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the info BW.  I will be placing my order with you shortly.
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©