3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Navajo Longbows  (Read 359 times)

Offline flatsboat

• Trad Bowhunter
Navajo Longbows
« on: July 30, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
anyone know anything about Navajo longbows.Shot one yesterday and liked the feel. Problem is it's about the only longbow I've shot. How do they compare with other r/d longbows?

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Navajo Longbows
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Navajo Scout Take Down Longbows are sweet shooters and Roy Hall makes a great bow. We have four of them. Two for my wife and two for me. The risers are Coco Bola and Chechen and are beautiful. I also shoot John McCullough's Griffins and his 59er Recurve all sweet shooters. The Griffins have a two year wait currently. So you could order a Griffin and a Navajo Scout and shoot the Scout for almost two years before your Griffin would arrive. Sounds like the perfect solution to me.

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
As good as any. I've shot them all... hahah.. Seriously, Roy Hall makes one of the best!
Blessings,
Steve

Offline bgremill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
What model did you shoot Flatsboat?  Roy's newer models like the Aztec, Cherokee, and Apache feel closer to a recurve to me than a longbow.  He started making the handles a little forward and they look and shoot more like a hybrid to me than a r/d longbow. I find Roy's bows are more quiet than most other aggressive designs and are within a few fps of most well built "quick" longbows.  They will not set speed records!  If you want the "fastest", look elsewhere.  If you want "fantastic", look no further.  I've shot a bunch of longbows looking for better and could not justify the change.  Just one man's view point, take it as you want.

Brent

Offline flatsboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
bgremill, shot the Apache. Liked weight of one peice.

Offline White Oak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
I shoot a 64" Apache. There isn't anything out there I'd trade it for.
Pastor Steve knows this bow.
Good luck with your search.
Ed  :campfire:

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
i shoot a 44 lb apache. Very quick for the light wieght, great accuracy . Lots of bows over the years have hung on my rack, but this  is staying
Make a life, not a living

Offline Whitetail Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
I owned a 62 inch Apache that I got rid of.  Wish I had it back.  It was a great shooter and very quiet.

Brett
50# MAX Widow
54# Sapphire Hawk
53# Schafer Silvertip TD
45# Hill Country Bobcat

Offline Koko Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »
I had a caddo and picked up an apache last year.  The apache is smooth as silk and I like the grip even better after putting a shur grip on it.  The fit and finish is A+ all the way.  Campared to my previous tomahawk it the apache is more for me.  I also have a mohawk and although it is not the same design, the mohawk ranks right up there with the apache as far as performance goes.

Matt
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! ~ Psalm 17

Dryad Epic

Offline BighornTn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
I have been to Roy's shop in Texas and he is a great guy and Christian man who happens to make excellent bows.  Navajo 3 pc takedowns are great bows.  I have owned 3 of them and you cannot go wrong with any of his bows.  Rick J
"You can have everything that you want out of life, if you help enough other people get what they want out of life."  Zig Zigler

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point." Billy Graham
Member TBOF
Member TBG

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »
I had a 62 inch apache wish I still had it.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline bmgarto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
I shot ever longbow at Kalamazoo this year and bought a 64" apache. I just got it two days ago. Wow it is great.

Offline Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 06:03:00 AM »
I will own a Roy Hall bow before it's all said and done, if I have my way about it. I really like the way they shoot!
Remember the Alamo!

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
I had a Caddo. The finish was beyond compare. It also was very smooth and accurate. The grip was too thick for my short fingers though, so I no longer have it. As far as speed goes, it was kind of middle of the road. Roy Hall is a true craftsman. I got this bow used, so I can't blame him for the grip not fitting.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Online lunatic11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »
All of Roy Hall bows are a reflection of the man who makes them - first class all the way !!!

Offline easyup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 06:28:00 AM »
I have Martin's, a Hatfield, two Bob Lee's, a Robinson and my Navajo II is right up there with the Robinson, smooth, solid, quite and a an all around pleasure.

Offline Quinn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »
I've got a 45# navajo recurve. Every time somebody tries it they love it (as do I). I've also got a 65# navajo takedown. Every time somebody tries it they make a face. Too heavy! What's the world coming to? That 65# shoots better for me than any other!
"If you put the federal government in charge of the  Sahara Desert , in five years there'd be a shortage of sand."   ~ Milton Friedman

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 07:22:00 AM »
NOTHING BUT CLASS ALL THE WAY FROM THE MAN TO HIS BOWS!!!!!BEAUTIFUL CRAFTMANSHIP AS ANY OUT THERE AND SMOOTH AS SILK AND QUIET AS A CHURCH MOUSE!!!!APACHE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
I love my Caddo. I picked it up off the classifieds here and it is smooth, quiet, pretty to look at and deadly. The first 3 animals I drew down on went to the freezer this year. Looking forward to chasing elk with it!

Mike Davenport

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »
I had one for a few years.  Although I decided it wasn't the bow for me (Navajo td longbow), it was an excellent bow and Roy is an excellent guy to deal with.  You won't see him making claims he can't back up and he does stand behind his bows.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©