3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just a quick question  (Read 328 times)

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
Just a quick question
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
We made a arrow cutoff saw, and I was wondering if it is ok to cut them if they are already fletched up. Will it work ok?? I seem to thinks. I need to cutt some before hunting season and get them ready. thanks
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just a quick question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »
I can't see how it would be a problem.Done it lots of times.
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »
Yes, just figure your length from the valley of the nock to an inch past the point to allow for the taper.  Measure twice, cut once.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »
As long as you cut from the front of the arrow...    :bigsmyl:    

Oh, and if you are using carbon or aluminum where you use an insert, screw your broadhead into the insert before gluing it in if you want to have the head lined up a certain way.  First batch of carbons I ever did I had broadheads pointing every which way when I started screwing them in.  Ticked me off I didn't think of it in advance.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »
Thank you I'll give it a try. I cut some last night and turned out ok, so I wanted to ask this question before I started cutting the rest of my arrows. Thanks  :)
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©