3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: On my morning run....wildlife everywhere  (Read 229 times)

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
On my morning run....wildlife everywhere
« on: August 03, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »
On my morning run, I decided to go to the public woods where i do a good bit of bowhunting and turkey hunting and it was great.  When i first got out of the truck i heard a hoot owl and I think he was saying "I haven't seen you in a while".  
I left the truck at daylight and havent gone 100 yards down the trail and saw my first deer.  Total I saw 17 deer, about 30 hogs, 13 turkets, two moccasins, one chipmunk, lots of squirrels and one rattlesnake.  I covered a little over five miles and had a blast.  I enjoy running those gravel roads and watching animals go thru with their daily routine, it makes me appreciate things in life much more.  I only wish i could take my camera with me on mornings like this to capture nature when its waking up, the light fog in the hardwood sloughs, deer eating on the vegatation and slipping up to within 10 yards of hogs tearing up a mudhole on the side of the road.  I will be back on those roads in a couple of days, not just for fitness purposes but for a relaxation of my thoughts and how much i cherish the outdoors and how lucky we are to live a country that we can do such things.
christopher
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline CaptJack

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: On my morning run....wildlife everywhere
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
with all those critters to look at, be careful you don't trip and fall from not watching where you're running   :D
Partners TD / Quinn Stallion

Offline Chester Thompson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
That sounds like a great way to spend the morning. I have a state park that is not to far from me, maybe I should head down there early to see what I can see.
Ask me about CTO.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
Christopher,

Great post.  I just started excercising and wish I had a place like that nearby to run/walk.  There are some pretty good biking trails within an hour, but they are nowhere near as game rich.

Your tagline reminded me of a quote I like which is, "Even moderation ought not be practiced to excess." by Jo Petty
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©